First public release of Navicat Oracle Database Admin Tool

Discussions

News: First public release of Navicat Oracle Database Admin Tool

1. Navicat for Oracle (http://oracle.navicat.com) Full Versions features a graphical user interface and offers visual tools such as an Import/Export Wizard, Visual Query Builder, Data/ Structure Synchronization, SSH Tunnel and more, to increase your productivity. Also, Navicat for Oracle provides a number of tools allowing to perform all the necessary database operations such as creating, editing, and duplicating database objects. It also offers a well-described wizard system that simplifies your database development tasks and a full featured graphical manager for setting the users and access privileges. Key features include: -- Query Editor with syntax highlight & code completion -- Visual Query Builder -- Import/ Export Wizard -- Data Transfer -- Data/ Structure Synchronization -- Management of Oracle objects and data -- Form View -- Scheduler -- Reporting Easy installation and intuitive interface make it an irreplaceable tool for Oracle on the web or your local desktop. It can connect to any Oracle Database version 8i and later and runs on Windows and Mac OS X with remote connection capability. It’s also available for MySQL and PostgreSQL. You can download a Free Navicat Oracle Database Admin Tool at: http://oracle.navicat.com/download.html.
  2. I don't think it is useful[ Go to top ]

There are a lot of tools can provided the same function, even Oracle has releaed some tools. But I don't think this tool will be useful, I'd like to using Sql directly rather than using tools, so that I can remember what I have done, and I can do it anywhere.
  3. a fan of Navicat[ Go to top ]

I am a happy user of Navicat and have been using Navicat since v5. Only the Data/Structure Synchronization and Visual Query Builder features already worth the price. Navicat used to be available as an db administrative tool only for the MySQL and PostGreSQL databases. I'm glad to know that they've got an Oracle version for it. Just a quick glance of its features, Navicat for Oracle is similar to the MySQL version, which allows user to remotely connect to an Oracle DB server, create, edit databases, run SQL queries and create reports. The great part of this tool is it has the highly interactive GUI interface which shall work more or less like Toad. I've just downloaded the tool and will proceed for a review later.
  4. I think this tool is very helpful. It's quite easy to use and I never need the user manual. The interface is self-explained. I think it's alternative to SQL Developer or Toad. I'd love to have more alternatives and I can choose a suitabl tool for my project. Thanks
  5. I'd love to have more alternatives and I can choose a suitable tool for my project. Thanks
    One more alternative to look into is Oracle JDeveloper 11g - it includes the features of the Oracle SQL Developer tool and adds database modeling and reverse engineering - all integrated with a Java IDE. Oh - and it is free :-)