New Article: Extend the Data Grid With Hub-less Messaging

Discussions

News: New Article: Extend the Data Grid With Hub-less Messaging

1. Nicholas Gregory and Stephen Price use a messaging platform between data grids with hub-less messaging. The result is the ability of the data grid clusters to communicate directly within the single application stack. Read the article

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Nicholas, Stephen - Very cool! Do you use the multi-way replication approach? Do you do application resolution of conflicts? Did that change your data model design at all? Peace, Cameron Purdy Oracle Coherence: Data Grid for Java, .NET and C++
  3. Cameron, Have used multi-way replication approach in a proof of concept project (implementation using the SafeCachePublisher (part of the push-replication pattern)). The data model design is never modified when using the incubator patterns; it was one of the design goals to have a replication framework that doesn't alter the data model. Have not had the need to use conflict resolution. thanks, Nick
  4. Finally catching up ;)[ Go to top ]

So y'all are finally catching up with the competition...
  5. Maybe not...[ Go to top ]

Maybe not... I thought you guys were finally going to support multi-master replication, but I guess this is just an invitation to roll our own. We'll stick with Gemfire for the time being. Looking forward to switching when you have something as robust as Gemstone's.
  6. Re: Maybe not...[ Go to top ]

Multi-Master Replication is possible with the hub-less messaging pattern, as any cache cluster can be configured as a CachePublisher and the updates replicated to the other cache clusters. As Nick replied earlier, we have used the SafeCachePublisher to demonstrate the multi-master functionality. You are correct in some ways when you say "this is just invitation to roll our own", as the approach in the incubator patterns is to provide the components from which a solution can be assembled. This allows a flexible choice of the best solution rather than enforce a "one size fits all" solution onto all the problems encountered. Unfortunately this is not a "shrink wrapped" solution, though hopefully in the near future, some full examples of multi-master replication will become available which will allow people to quickly try the options available and start proving the pattern works. kindest regards, Stephen
  7. Re: Maybe not...[ Go to top ]

Looking forward to switching when you have something as robust as Gemstone's.
    I'd be glad to talk to you further on this topic. Please drop me an email at cameron dot purdy at oracle dot com. Peace, Cameron Purdy Oracle Coherence: Data Grid for Java, .NET and C++