Discussions

News: The J2EE Tutorial beta online

1. The J2EE Tutorial beta online (13 messages)

Sun has posted a beta of the J2EE tutorial (similar to the infamous Java Tutorial). The tutorial is intended for programmers interested in developing and deploying J2EE applications. It covers the main component technologies comprising the J2EE platform and describes how to develop J2EE components and deploy them on the J2EE SDK.

The tutorial is currently online in beta form.

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial.

Threaded Messages (13)

2. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

I don't any reason why Java Tutorial is Infamous :-)

3. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

Java tutorial is one of the best and most comprehensive tutorials available on the web and is used by many organizations including mine.
  4. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

I owe my humble beginnings in Java 4 years ago to that great tutorial when nothing else was available on this planet on java
  5. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

I dont think that the Java tutorial can be called "infamous". It is a good learning tool.
  6. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

WHAT ARE YOU ALL ON?
  7. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

WE ARE ON JAVA TUTORIAL. I do agree with the previous two response: It is a good tutorial.
  8. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

WHAT I REALLY WANTED TO KNOW IS EXACTLY WHAT KIND OF CLASS A DRUGS YOU ARE ALL ON. WHY ARE YOU ARGUING ABOUT WHETHER THE JAVA TUTORIAL IS 'INFAMOUS' OR NOT? IT EXISTS AND IT IS QUITE GOOD - NOW GET OVER IT.
    WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE J2EE TUTORIAL? DO YOU THINK?
    WHAT YOU ARE DOING IS FILLING, WHAT IS USUALLY A VERY GOOD WEBSITE WITH CRAP!
  9. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

I'm agreeing with you - very infamous
    One of the bestest discussions so far.
    I thinking that 'famous' might be more best?
  10. Dear Mr Smith,

As a regular visitor to TheServerSide, I am quite surprised at your flagrant abuse of discussion etiquette.

An inocuous comment regarding the "infamous" java tutorial has descended into a debacle based on your frankly unhelpful posts.

Please refrain from insulting other "posters" on the site, otherwise there may be a need to block posts from IP addresses in your area.

Regards

11. I can't believe you are using this site to insult and humiliate contributors. Please write 10,000 times "I shall not be deliberately unkind to others" or I'll rap you over the knuckles with my ruler
  12. The J2EE Tutorial beta online[ Go to top ]

I remember 3-4 yrs back(At school) when every one around thought java is just an Island in Indonasia, Java Tutorial from sun is only source of education. Very few books (none even worth mentioning) were available at the time.

Nothing under Sun is better than Java :-)
  13. Thanks for giving useful information .I am searching for such tutorial. Please keep continue giving such useful hints and links to us.
    syam.(India)
    syamsat@yahoo.com
  14. Java Tutorial is hopeless[ Go to top ]

J2EE IS SUPERIOR NO DOUBT but The tutorial on J2EE is useless, it has not any readable format.

change the look of it.