Discussions

News: GridGain 2.1 – Open Cloud Platform Enables Development of Native Cloud Apps

1. GridGain Systems announces the release of GridGain 2.1 - the next version of its innovative Java-based Open Cloud Platform. GridGain 2.1 provides the industry only cloud development and runtime environment that enables development of native cloud applications combined with powerful and elegant simplicity, focus on enterprise Java and industry leading features.

Since its first release in August of 2007 GridGain became the fastest growing Java-based cloud development and runtime platform with over tens of thousands of downloads, more than 700 unique projects utilizing it and deployed in dozens of production systems.

GridGain 2.1 release incorporates number of new and enhanced features:
    • Cloud-aware class loading
    • Virtualized cloud support with cross-cloud deployment
    • Advance MapReduce implementation
    • Comprehensive early and late load balancing capabilities
    • Automatic and dynamic data partitioning and processing co-location
    • Advanced scheduling management
    • Revamped deployment implementation

For more information visit:

Threaded Messages (9)

2. Title cut off?[ Go to top ]

What really bothers me lately about TSS is the signifacnt lack of editorial. For example, on this post they have not even noticed that the title was cut off... The title should say: "GridGain 2.1 - Open Cloud Platform Enables Development of Native Cloud Applications" Regards, Nikita Ivanov. GridGain - Open Cloud Platform
  3. Re: Title cut off?[ Go to top ]

What really bothers me lately about TSS is the signifacnt lack of editorial. For example, on this post they have not even noticed that the title was cut off...

The title should say: "GridGain 2.1 - Open Cloud Platform Enables Development of Native Cloud Applications"

Regards,
    Nikita Ivanov.
    GridGain - Open Cloud Platform
    Sorry your buzzword's were cut off.
  4. Re: Title cut off?[ Go to top ]

I can see your sarcasm :) But title of the post really lost the meaning, so it wasn't about buzzwords - unless you consider a "Cloud Application" a buzzword. Best, Nikita Ivanov. GridGain - Open Cloud Platform
  5. Spam...[ Go to top ]

Guys at TSS, You are getting like 5-10 posts on your entire forum per day at most... How hard could it be to monitor this "massive" traffic and simply delete spam (manually)? We are getting a lot more post traffic at GridGain's dev forum and somehow we find these indispensable 30 seconds to delete someone spam post and remove the user from our forum system. Wise up, Nikita Ivanov.
  6. Thank you[ Go to top ]

The spam post (that I was referring to) was deleted. Thank you. Nikita Ivanov.
  7. Re: Thank you[ Go to top ]

Nikita - You would be amazed at how much spam we are currently getting. Please refer to http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=52760 for a description of our problem and what we are doing about it. Thank you.
  8. New Features[ Go to top ]

For a complete list of new features available in 2.1 visit What is New in Gridgain 2.1 page on our Wiki. You may also find some useful Demo Screencasts here. For folks new to GridGain I would recommend watching "Grid Application in 15 Minutes" screencast. Best, Dmitriy Setrakyan GridGain - Open Cloud Platform
  9. Fixed Screencast Link[ Go to top ]

Sorry, here is the correct link to screencasts: http://www.gridgain.com/screencasts.html
  10. What a cool product! I recently wrote (by hand) a distributed performance-testing framework. Child nodes created many concurrent connections to an application and gathered response time data. That response time data was sent to a master node that aggregated and stored data. I dealt with Java concurrency, Java threading... So many headaches, so many nightmares. GridGain would have made my life SO much easier! I wish I would have discovered this product earlier. Nice work--Can't wait to use this in my next project.