Discussions

Performance and scalability: Uploading csv to oracle, java and weblogic.

1. Uploading csv to oracle, java and weblogic. (1 messages)

Hi, My apologies as I'm not sure exactly if this is the right forum to post this question but here goes... I've been asked to update a csv file in oracle wieh java and weblogic 8.1. The file is given by the client by web application. My applicacion get the file and copy it to the file to server. Then it call a JMS to make an oracle control file (ctl) and run the sqlldr to upload the data. When it finish I obtain the numbers of record inserted and send an email to the user (all in the same JMS). It runs pretty good when I load less than 1000 records. But with files with more than 1000 records it insert all but doesn't send email and send error <ExecuteThread: '14' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.Default' has been busy for "1,094" seconds working on the request "connection407.session408", which is more than the configured time (StuckThreadMaxTime) of "600" seconds.> . With files that have 65,000 records it doesnt upload all until I shut down weblogic. Please provide your suggestions to optimize my application or to make another way. The important thing here really is to be able to upload the csv file with more than 65,000 rows into the ORACLE database in a short period of time. Hoping to hear from you as soon as possible Thanks! Maggie

Threaded Messages (1)

2. Hope this helps[ Go to top ]

umm.. I guess if you don't need the data rows ASAP what you can do is upload the file whole CSV into the database and then run a service to insert the data into the respective tables. In that way your web server n the current session will not take up that much load.