Hi to everyone, using AST188.8.131.52 (Websphere Application Server Toolkit), I'm trying to map some Entity Beans to objects in a Data Source based on Oracle 9i.
Each Bean contains a string key field. The Data Source is composed by Tables and Views as well. Each Table has a Primary Key field, and each View has it too. In particular, the PKs of the Views are built using commands like:
ALTER VIEW EJB_MYVIEW ADD CONSTRAINT PK_EJB_MYVIEW PRIMARY KEY (ID) DISABLE NOVALIDATE;
(someone told me that this is the ONLY way to associate a PK to a View in Oracle9i)
Importing the Data Source in AST6 I can see that:
* Table PKs are imported correctly: I can see PK Constraints in the DDL file and nodes in the XML contained in the DBM file
* View PKs are NOT imported: I can't see neither Constraints in DDL nor proper nodes in DBM
So, while I can correctly associate some Entity Beans of mine to Tables, when mapping some other Entity Beans to Views, I can associate all fields except the key ones, for AST6 doesn't allow to associate a key field (in the Bean) with a non-key field (in the View, as key fields are seen as normal ones due to mis-importing) I could remove key fields from Beans, associate non-key bean fields with non-key view fields and then re-add the keys to the bean, but AST6 is so smart and raises errors.
I also tried to build MATERIALIZED VIEWS instead of VIEWS by AST6 can't ever see them... :( Does everyone knows
1. how can I correctly import Views PKs into the AST6 Data Model or how can I add them manually (editing the DBM XML) OR
2. how can I associate key bean fields to non-key view fields (even manually) OR
3. anything else that can help me to move on from this mess in which I'm very stuck
Many many many thanks in advance