Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: LOG4J - More woes. Help would be greatly appreciated!

1. LOG4J - More woes. Help would be greatly appreciated! (2 messages)

I have a problem that I have spent hours trying to find and answer for online, with no success. To start with, here is my log4j.xml: <!--?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?--> <!-- Rollover at midnight each day --> <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n --> <!-- A time/date based rolling appender for BPM Custom Agents --> <!-- Rollover at midnight each day --> <!-- The default pattern: Date Priority [Category] Message\n --> <!-- ======================= --> <!-- Setup the Root category --> <!-- ======================= --> There are 2 important appenders here, one is FILE, which gets all messages, regardless of source. The other is CUSTOM_AGENTS, which is only supposed to get messages from my custom java code, used in custom agents. Using the classic foo package, assume this code: public class CustomAgent { public static void Main(String args) { private static Logger log = Logger.getLogge(CustomAgent .class); log.info("My custom agent code") } } This will then print: INFO[com.foo] My custom agent code Into both files for the FILE and CUSTOM_AGENTS appenders. This good, this is what I'm after. The problem is, I only want these com.foo messages in the CUSTOM_AGENTS log, yet I get ALL messages, from all packages, such as org.jboss.cache.TreeCache, org.hibernate.cfg.AnnotationBinder, etc, which defeats the purpose of this additional log. I cannot for the life of me work out how to prevent them from going in though, and I would be really appreciative if anyone can point out the error of my ways. Many thanks all
  2. Hi, Add this to your log4j.xml. I added this just before element.
  3. Asiri, you sir are a legend. Many, many thanks.