- Anonymous nested definitions: now definitions can be put just as an attribute in an enclosing definition, without the necessity to define a new named definition to use only once.
- Wildcard support: wildcards are supported:
- in XML definition files;
- when enumerating the list of Tiles definition files to load.
- EL support in Tiles definition files, when specifying attributes and templates.
- Ability to load Tiles 1.x definition files.
- Pure Java configuration, except for the configuration of the Tiles container factory.
- List attributes can now inherit members from the extending definition.
- Attribute values can be cascaded to nested definitions, so the configuration is easier to write.
- Ability to override the template when inserting definitions.
- Customize rendering of attributes, for example to write integrations with other frameworks.
- Usage of more than one Tiles container.
News: Apache Tiles 2.1.2 GA released
Apache Tiles 2.1.2 has been released as GA (General Availability). Apache Tiles is a framework to build pages consisting of reusable pieces. The Tiles 2.1.x series adds severaly new features:
- Posted by: Antonio Petrelli
- Posted on: February 09 2009 08:44 EST
Just one component does almost the same: http://www.servletsuite.com/servlets/template.htm
Just one component does almost the same: http://www.servletsuite.com/servlets/template.htmWell, it's not open source. Good try but no banana :-D