New Java Gems Release

Discussions

News: New Java Gems Release

1. New Java Gems Release (11 messages)

Bugfixes A bug preventing a logging record creator identification was fixed. A possible swallowed exception behavior in gems.io.IOUtils.read() was fixed. Enhancements Better usage of generics was applied through codebase. Many interfaces are now more flexible but still type safe and almost all unchecked assignments simply disapeared. As part of bug fixing, a refactoring was performed. The result is that there is a new general-purpose interface named ExceptionHandler. It is useful for a pluggable exception handling. Test coverage was increased. Actually, 72% of classes and 66% of code lines are covered by unit tests. The Java Gems project can be found at http://code.google.com/p/javagems/ .

Threaded Messages (11)

2. This is a very minor update: "We fixed a coupla things here and there, let's tell EVERYONE ABOUT IT." Bleah.
  3. This is a very minor update: "We fixed a coupla things here and there, let's tell EVERYONE ABOUT IT." Bleah.
    ....so I don't mind the posting at all.
  4. This is a very minor update: "We fixed a coupla things here and there, let's tell EVERYONE ABOUT IT." Bleah.

....so I don't mind the posting at all.
    That's fair. But I've noticed a lot of JavaGems updates recently: August, Late January, now mid-February, and in each case, the release was, if you'll pardon my opinion, kinda minor: Gems had a remarkably small feature set in its initial release, and hasn't added much since then. Lacking major feature updates, I wouldn't have posted it to TSS' front page.
  5. This is a very minor update: "We fixed a coupla things here and there, let's tell EVERYONE ABOUT IT." Bleah.
    Didn't you know? This is the new Freshmeat!
  6. worthless[ Go to top ]

The only update I want to hear is that google code deleted this worthless project. Talk about re-inventing the wheel, and not improving upon it. Your coding style is atrocious, hit the damn tab key once and a while.
  7. Re: worthless[ Go to top ]

Your coding style is atrocious, hit the damn tab key once and a while.
    What are you talking about? Besides using 2 spaces instead of 4, it looks perfectly fine and follows the java standards.
  8. Re: worthless[ Go to top ]

hmmm, google code is the one rendering it crappy. guess i'm the *******!
  9. What's really missing in this project - and what's so curious abot the whole thing - is a comparision with the one project that does all the same things that JavaGems tries to do - Apache Commons. Actually, *any* comment is missing that would tell *why* there is now yet another framework that provides 'commons'.
  10. args4j instead of javagems[ Go to top ]

The CLI lib of javagems is OK but I personally prefer the "args4j" style (https://args4j.dev.java.net/) - It's more natural to define your own "options class" and simply annotate it with some "@Option" markers. The rest is done by "args4j".
  11. do i need to say more. TSS stop spamming us with stupid allowing with stupid posts
  12. I told you so ![ Go to top ]

Don't want to flog a dead horse, but I had my doubts back when this project was initially released http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=50308#266064 While the motive is laudable, I really don't see this to be different from all the existing reuse frameworks.