Discussions

News: jUDDI-3.0.0.alpha released

1. jUDDI-3.0.0.alpha released (10 messages)

The Apache jUDDI team is proud to announce a preview release of jUDDI-3.x. The jUDDI-3.0 release bears the code name 'Sleeping Beauty', and can be downloaded form the m2 repositories. UDDI has been in a rather comatose state until the recent adoption of ESBs, where UDDI has proven to be useful as a service directory and for run-time discovery and dynamic configuration. The jUDDI team has been working hard to support the UDDI v3 specification. A large part of the jUDDI-3.x code base has been generated using the latest frameworks for XML binding and Persistence. Some core features are: 1. Implementation of the UDDI v3.0.2 spec. The preview release implements the Publish, Inquiry and Security APIs. 2. A ready-to-go UDDI v3 server in one download: juddi-tomcat.zip (based on jUDDI-3.0.0.alpha, Tomcat and Derby). 3. Easy to embed in Enterprise stacks, due to the use of the JPA, JAXB and JAX-WS standards. 4. Flexible configuration using Commons Configuration. 5. Good start on user and developer guides. 6. Generic UDDI-client library. 7. Generic UDDI test suite. Since there is no TCK test suite for the UDDI spec, we decided to create one. It has been very interesting to see how well the above mentioned standards have worked for us, a lot of the code has been generated (think persistence layer and WS API classes), so we have been able to really focus on the UDDI business logic. We're currently working on support for the Subscription, Replication and Custody transfer. These APIs were introduced in UDDI v3 specification and this work is slated for the beta release. Love hearing your feedback and please contact us if there is anything you can contribute. The jUDDI project can be found at http://ws.apache.org/juddi/ Cheers, --Kurt

Threaded Messages (10)

2. Re: jUDDI-3.0.0.alpha released[ Go to top ]

Well done guys. Lots of people are interested in UDDI v3 support, so great to see it.
  3. error under ubuntu[ Go to top ]

http://localhost:8080/juddi gives the error message: UDDI does not appear to have been installed. In order for jUDDI to function properly, certain entities must be installed into the registry. You can chose to edit the entities located in the WEB-INF/install directory and install manually by clicking the install button below. Or, you can leave everything as is, and the entities will automatically be installed with the default values. Please read the setup documentation for more information. A quick look at index.jsp: Install.install(request.getRealPath("WEB-INF
    install"), request.getParameter("rootPartition"), true); And if I change
    to / problem still exists, due to \ after install, probably somewhere hardcoded. I checked out code from svn, but there is no Install.java in trunk. Any hint?
  4. Re: error under ubuntu[ Go to top ]

Milan, Try changing the line in index.jsp to: Install.install(request.getRealPath("WEB-INF/install") + "/", request.getParameter("rootPartition"), true); Additionally, if you simply use the API the defaults will get installed without having to run the install manually. Also, the code for version 3.0 is located in a branch under 'v3_trunk'. Any other questions, feel free to post to the juddi-users mailing list. Regards, JF
  5. Re: error under ubuntu[ Go to top ]

And you probably should delete the juddi.war file. Looks like we shipped both a webapps/juddi directory as well as the juddi.war file. --Kurt
  6. Re: jUDDI-3.0.0.alpha released[ Go to top ]

Having TCK sounds really good :)
  7. Re: jUDDI-3.0.0.alpha released[ Go to top ]

What's the rationale behind these release cycles? - Feb 13, 2009 Version 3.0.0.alpha is now available - Feb 10, 2009 Version 2.0rc6 is now available. - June 7, 2005 Version 0.9rc4 is now available.
  8. Re: jUDDI-3.0.0.alpha released[ Go to top ]

We aligned the major jUDDI version number with the UDDI spec she implements. jUDDI-2.x - UDDI spec 2.0 jUDDI-3.x - UDDI spec 3.0 (somehow the 2.0rc5 release got dropped from the list though, I'll have to fix that). We're trying to finish up the 2.0 release now, so we can focus on 3.0. --Kurt
  9. Congrats![ Go to top ]

We're trying to finish up the 2.0 release now, so we can focus on 3.0
    Please try to finalize the 3.0 v1 release at the earliest as I feel that UDDI is a one of the major missing link for a successful SOA implementation. OpenUDDI is another 3.0 complaint UDDI, which I came across recently, I think even CentraSite (a open source registry and repository) also has an implementation of UDDI 3. And I feel the ease of Use and features will be the main factors deciding the success of adaption. :)
  10. Re: Congrats![ Go to top ]

Please try to finalize the 3.0 v1 release at the earliest as I feel that UDDI is a one of the major missing link for a successful SOA implementation.
    I totally agree, which is why we jump-started 3.0 development before finishing 2.0. There is only 1 jira left on 2.0 now though, so it'd be nice to just tie up the loose ends. jUDDI has been and still is bundled with lots of other systems, so we want to make sure that those systems that cannot upgrade to UDDI v3 right away will have a stable jUDDI v2 release.
    And I feel the ease of Use and features will be the main factors deciding the success of adoption. :)
    Yes which is why using JPA and JAX-WS makes it really embed it into your environment. Once we have the server implemented, having a nice admin console will be the next thing. I've started developing a portlet based UI using GWT, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get it to work with Maven. It'd be cool to get a UI savy contributor involved.
  11. Re: jUDDI-3.0.0.alpha released[ Go to top ]

Congratulations on this release. I wanted to know the schedule if known for the BETA which you indicate will have the Subscription, Replication and Custody transfer Support. I am interested in these v3 features with jUDDI-3 deployed in JBoss. Also I was wondering the approximate timeframe for the first Release Candidate. Thanks and congratulations again. --Kenneth