The JPPF Team brings major new features in version 1.8.
JPPF is an open source Grid Computing platform written in Java that makes it easy to run applications in parallel, and speed up their execution.
In this version
A new API enables users to run non-Java processes
on the nodes
JPPF is now integrated with GigaSpaces XAP
Jobs and tasks can now be prioritized
The configuration of a client connection pool
is now easy and intuitive
JPPF has many features:
- a JPPF grid can be up and running in minutes
- highly scalable, distributed framework for the execution of Java tasks
- leverages JCA 1.8 to integrate with leading J2EE application servers
- easy programming model that abstracts the complexity of distributed and parallel processing
- graphical and programmatic tools for fine-grained monitoring and administration
- fault-tolerance and self-repair capabilities ensure the highest level of service and reliability
- a set of fully documented sample applications, demonstrating the use of JPPF on real-life problems
- very flexible open-source licensing
- and more ....
Find more for yourself here: http://www.jppf.org