Discussions

News: JavaRebel wins Jolt Prod Award - Is Twitter JavaRebel?

1. Last night, while “watching” JavaRebel win a JOLT productivity award on Twitter, I couldn’t help but think, “how wrong is it that I’m awake at 3:30am (Central European Time), hitting ‘refresh’ in firefox, again, and again, and again - and getting a sense of excitement out of doing it?” And then I thought - hey - this must be something like using JavaRebel for development, without having to deal with application restarts, just coding in in a continuous flow of changes and refreshes. I got to see the updates that were important to me in milliseconds, instead of minutes. V.cool. Of course, with JavaRebel 2.0 right around the corner, it will be interesting to see what effect winning this award has on the release. Some questions: 1) Does the JOLT award carry any value with it? Do you try a tool, because you see the award next to it on their site? 2) From JavaRebel customers, we’re hearing numbers like “JavaRebel saves 10-40 minutes, per developer, per day of development”. Since 2.0 has an easier setup, and covers more situations where redeploying is necessary, how can we share this information, without sounding too “marketingy”? Special Note: Thanks to Shashank Tiwari for sending us email updates, and offering to give an acceptance speech for us last night! We really appreciate it!

Threaded Messages (6)

2. My answers to your questions[ Go to top ]

Hi Dave,
    Some questions: 1) Does the JOLT award carry any value with it? Do you try a tool, because you > see the award next to it on their site?
    I personally do not, unless perhaps I *really* respect a particular award. I'm not really all that familiar with the Jolt awards.
    2) From JavaRebel customers, we’re hearing numbers like “JavaRebel saves 10-40 minutes, per developer, per day of development”. Since 2.0 has an easier setup, and covers more situations where redeploying is necessary, how can we share this information, without sounding too “marketingy”
    Just state the facts. If you have a legitimate case study where you, or someone, has honestly and objectively looked at the facts and reached some reasonable conclusions, then by all means, state those conclusions! For 2.0, I'd followup with a second case study from a beta tester. Cheers, David Flux - Java Job Scheduler. File Transfer. Workflow.
  3. Re: Jolt Prod Award[ Go to top ]

Does the JOLT award carry any value with it?
    A what award ? Voted for my who? In what random categories? I think I'd base by use on how good the software is for my project (based on a trial, and how good the docs are, and what the support is), not based on what someone somewhere else in the world decided
  4. broken link[ Go to top ]

The link above gives a 404, should be http://www.zeroturnaround.com/javarebel (case sensitive)
  5. Re: broken link[ Go to top ]

If only i could log in and change that... doh!
  6. JavaRebel and Netbeans[ Go to top ]

I think JavaRebel is great. Unfortunately it currently conflicts with the Netbeans 6.5 debugger, making it unusable for me. If they can fix that in the next version I might actually buy a few licenses.
  7. Very great tool, I like it very much.[ Go to top ]

Very great tool, I like it very much.