New Article: GMaps4JSF with Facelets

Discussions

News: New Article: GMaps4JSF with Facelets

1. New Article: GMaps4JSF with Facelets (11 messages)

GMaps4JSF aims at integrating Google maps with JavaServer Faces (JSF). JSF users can use GMaps4JSF to construct complex street view panoramas and maps with just few JSF tags. Now Hazem Saleh shows how the GMaps4JSF and Facelets can be used together to construct and customize maps easily using few lines of code. Read article

Threaded Messages (11)

2. Is there any programming kit these days where you can't generate maps in a few lines of code? Seriously, I still love Java, but this being article-worthy just shows you what sort of overengineered/under delivering problems there are.
  3. you are right - there are a lot. anyway, GMaps4JSF is a jsf centric solution. if you are interested in using it: there will be also a session at http://conference.irian.at as well as other very interesting topics like jsf 2.0.
  4. Does anyone still use JSF ? if yes than why (bonded labour ? ) ? Just use GWT or if wants more widgets use smartgwt or extgwt
  5. Does anyone still use JSF ? if yes than why (bonded labour ? ) ? Just use GWT or if wants more widgets use smartgwt or extgwt....with fewer lines of code
  6. Re: Does anyone still use JSF ?[ Go to top ]

Ah, another gwt fan. Yes, I do. Now you know there's at least one person still using JSF. So please do not ask that question again. To the GMAP4JSF author: have you ever used rich:gmap of RichFaces? If you have, could you write some comparision (feature-wise)? Have you ever used GMAP4JSF with RichFaces?
  7. Re: Does anyone still use JSF ?[ Go to top ]

Ah, another gwt fan.

Yes, I do. Now you know there's at least one person still using JSF. So please do not ask that question again.

To the GMAP4JSF author: have you ever used rich:gmap of RichFaces? If you have, could you write some comparision (feature-wise)?
    Have you ever used GMAP4JSF with RichFaces?
    In my first article, I noted in the comments that GMaps4JSF is a *complete* integration between the Google Maps and JSF. You have many components like (Map, Marker, HTMLInformationWindow, StreetViewPanorama, Polygon, Polyline, MapControl, ...etc) while in the RichFaces, The only component you have is the Map component. So in GMaps4JSF, you can write complicated Google Maps applications in the JSF world without writing any JavaScript (Or without even knowing anything about the GoogleMaps APIs) but in the RichFaces Map component case, you will have to deal with Google Maps APIs to attach different objects to your map (markers, notes, graphics ...etc). So IMHO, GMaps4JSF provides the *JSF* clean way to integrate Google maps in JSF applications. It is really good to make this comparative study, I will write an article that shows how to create Google maps applications using both approaches.
  8. why do you still use JSF ?[ Go to top ]

Mr Thai .....why do you still use JSF ? is it for a maintenance project ? Or do you like using jsf !!Or havent tried anything else ?
  9. Re: why do you still use JSF ?[ Go to top ]

Mr Thai .....why do you still use JSF ?
    because of many reasons and the biggest one is that it's a project requirement :)
    is it for a maintenance project ?
    No. This is a new project.
    Or do you like using jsf !!
    Yes, I do, especially with Seam.
    Or havent tried anything else ?
    Yes, I have. I tried Struts 1.2, GWT 1.4 ( I know that GWT 1.5 is more type-safe) and JSF.
  10. Congrats to TSS[ Go to top ]

You removed my post only because it was a little critic about this article and TSS in general, and the spam is still there? You loose a reader. Another one.
  11. GMaps4JSF[ Go to top ]

GMaps4JSF is designed mainly for allowing the JSF developers constructing maps with all of its details using simple lines of code (JSF Tags). I developed this library because I thought that the JSF open source community needs to have this solution. And after releasing its first version (Under the Apache 2 Licence), I found many people happy about its approach and they opened many issues and asked for more features, and this really pushed and still pushing me to spend more time in its improvement. I should say that without the library users feedback, the library will not be in its current status. Finally, I want to say that I really like to hear critics. Without constructive critics, I will not be able to improve and plan for better. BTW, All can open issues or ideas here (It is open source): http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/issues
  12. I don't if "pagux pagux" is aware about the amount of work happening on JSF. i know plenty of people who are heavily using Rich Faces 3.3/3.2 and Faceletes and SEAM 2.x. Lot of good work has happened in JSF 2.