SpringSource Tool Suite 2.0 released

Discussions

News: SpringSource Tool Suite 2.0 released

1. SpringSource Tool Suite 2.0 released (3 messages)

SpringSource today released SpringSource Tool Suite (STS) 2.0. STS 2.0 introduces Project Creation Wizards, a forms-based Spring Configuration Editor, Spring Configuration Auto-Discovery, Quick Fixes and Quick Assist, Bean Creation Wizards, and a Namespace Configuration Dialog. STS 2.0 also provides OSGi tools for SpringSource dm Server including an OSGi console, graphical bundle overview page, visual dependency graph and the ability to test dependencies and specify bundle deployment order. Download the SpringSource Tool Suite 2.0.

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Two points[ Go to top ]

1. Why should I have to register to download a trial? 2. Why is the price such a secret?
  3. Re: Two points[ Go to top ]

1. Why should I have to register to download a trial?
    2. Why is the price such a secret?
    Re 1: Registration is a common practice for commercial software development tools like SpringSource Tool Suite (eg: 1, 2). STS provides great productivity advantages for developers building Spring and OSGi based applications. If you don't want to register for STS, you certainly can use the open source SpringIDE project and the open source tools for dm Server - new versions for both were announced last week. Re 2: No price is listed at this time for SpringSource Tool Suite 2.0 since it is not available as a stand alone product for purchase. STS 2.0 is only available as part of a subscription to one of the SpringSource products: Enterprise, dm Server, tc Server. Prices for these products depend on the number of developer seats, production CPUs and level of support desired (Gold or Platinum). Adam FitzGerald SpringSource
  4. is it just me or is the Spring news bombardement and hype decreasing to normal sane levels again?