A new version of the NextReports Ad Hoc Query and reporting tool is available : http://www.nextreports.ro
NextReports can connect to popular databases like oracle, mysql, microsoft sql server, derby. But it also can be extended to connect to any database for which there is a jdbc driver. Reports created with NextReports can be exported in html, excel, pdf, rtf, csv and tsv.
Besides resolving bugs and adding some eye-candy , version 2.1 brings also some new features. The most important are :
1. - Support for an 'or criteria' in designer
2. - Undo / Redo for report layout actions
3. - Export to RTF
4. - Apply a template on any loaded report (not just through wizard)
5. - An action to restore docking layout to default
6. - Report export directly from explorer tree without explicitly open the report
7. - Import data sources, queries and reports from an older version
For full release notes please view http://www.nextreports.ro/index.php/download/156.html
A note has to be done on how easy is to integrate NextReports.
In your applications, running reports generated from NextReports is a very simple process to implement. The following lines are self-explanatory :
FileOutputStream stream = new FileOutputStream("test.html");
Updated tutorials are available at http://www.nextreports.ro/index.php/documentation/movies.html
We thanks a lot to all the people who sent us feedback on next_support at asf dot ro and we encourage you to do the same in the next future.
It's easier now, because from now a forum is up and running at : http://www.nextreports.ro/index.php/forum.html
. Feel free to post your thoughts and encountered problems here.