We're happy to announce the release of version 3.0 of SoftSlate Commerce
, a shopping cart program written purely in Java and JSP. The focus of this major upgrade has been on revamping the application's web-based administration, to make it easier to manage the store's products, customers and orders. Along the way, we have added a number of other new features as well.
We have been continously improving SoftSlate Commerce based on feedback from our clients since we released version 1.0 in 2004. A Free Edition
is available for stores selling 100 products or less. The Standard Edition
has no restrictions of any kind and also includes the complete source code, for just $495.
For a complete list of new features visit http://www.softslate.com/whatsNew.html
. Among the new features of 3.0 include:
* Order management features
* Viewing and working with abandoned carts (incomplete orders)
* Cloning Products and their Attributes
* New sales reports
* An integrated "Contact Us" form
* Google Analytics integration
* Inventory imports and exports
* Drop shipping features
* Estimated shipping costs displayed on the cart page
* Several new merchandising features, including:
* Upselling on the cart page
* Get x number of y items free discounts
* Buy x, get discount
* Strike-through pricing for discounted products
* Numerous new display settings for controlling the customer experience
About SoftSlate Commerce:
SoftSlate Commerce is a powerful and highly flexible shopping cart program written purely in Java and JSP. In addition to selling licenses, SoftSlate offers a full range of support and custom development services for SoftSlate Commerce. The Standard Edition license includes the full source code for the application, and many clients choose to take the code and run with it, to create their own unique ecommerce solution. In other cases, allowing SoftSlate to handle all or part of a project can be extremely valuable.