ICEfaces 1.8 is out!
If there is a theme to the ICEfaces 1.8 release, it is one of "refinement". Don't worry, there are a bunch of new features too in the over 350 fixes and enhancements included in the release, but a lot of development time was spent looking at how we could make ICEfaces better, easier, and more robust than ever before. In that regard, we've made some progress: Richer & More Productive
- All new confirmationPanel, dataExporter, and setEventPhase components.
- Improved focus management via ice:outputBody value-binding.
- Time entry is now supported by the selectInputDate component.
- Keyboard and double-click support has been added to the rowSelector.
- Popup components (menuBar, menuPopup, panelTooltip, selectInputDate) can now automatically position themselves to avoid displaying off the visible window.
- The Input File component is now much easier to use, supports progress updates - even in synchronous mode.
- The new SessionRenderer API provides the simplest way to implement compelling Ajax Push features in any framework, and it's built on top of ICEfaces industry-leading push architecture.
- The unique new Push Server provides a zero-configuration solution for deploying multiple asynchronous applications to the same server.
- ICEfaces now supports deployment into clustered fail-over configurations for applications with high-availability requirements.
- No other Ajax Push solution can approach this level of robustness, scalability, and ease-of use.
- Rendering performance has been improved up to 30%.
- Java heap consumption has been reduced 30-50%.