Discussions

News: Intuive MVC Pattern for Ajax Applications

1. Intuive MVC Pattern for Ajax Applications (4 messages)

The main focus of ZK 3.6.1 was on bug-fixing, with over 47 bugs fixed. In addition to the host of bugs eradicated 20 new features have been added, including a debug mode for unit-testing and MVC enhancement! New Features of ZK 3.6.1 Intuive MVC Pattern Using ZK 3.6.1, the developer has easier access to the Cotroller by using a generic variable called ($composer). Developers can define required resources inside the Controller and access them easier. View: Controller: public class MyController extends GenericForwardComposer { Window win; Button btn; DataModel model = new DataModel(); public DataModel getModel() { return mode; } public void btn$onClick(){ win.setTitle("Hi ZK!"); } } ZK programming is all about event handling and UI components manipulation. To make MVC programming easier, we have made the interaction between controller and view easier.
  2. I have to admit, it is one of the best RIA framework in the market. The only complain I have is not very active forum, plus ZK tutorials/documentations lacks when it comes to modifying the default look and feel. I hope ZK team will rectify these issues as they go forward, but again ZK is a great framework. Regards, Rashid.
  3. I have to admit, it is one of the best RIA framework in the market. The only complain I have is not very active forum, plus ZK tutorials/documentations lacks when it comes to modifying the default look and feel.

I hope ZK team will rectify these issues as they go forward, but again ZK is a great framework.

Regards,
    Rashid.
    @Rashid, Thank for your compliment, and we really appreciate your advices. Regarding customizing look-and-feel of ZK, we have style guide. It guides you to customize the look-and-feel of ZK step by step. Or you can give ZK Studio a try, it includes style designer which allows developer to customize look-and-feel by drag-and-drop. And we're trying hard to introduce the ZK community to join ZK forum. Thanks for your comment. Regards, Robbie
  4. Thanks Robbie for the links, I haven't tried your style designer yet, because I do most of my development in Netbeans, but any way I will give Style designer a shot. BTW any plans in near future to provide a ZK studio and designer for Netbeans?
  5. There is an Netbeans Studio, try to search Small Talks in ZK's site