A drop-down calendar will be very convenient for end users, it can increase efficiency greatly. The developers of client-side program all know this.
Programmers have 3 choices:
1. Develop a drop-down calendar by themselves.
It is a waste of time and energy. Like the tyre of a car broken, and you don't mend it or buy a new one, but produce one yourself.
2. Download a free control from Internet.
There are many disadvantages:
(1) Open source controls are only developed by programming enthusiast, so no one can guarantee its qualiti and performance.
(2) It is impossible to ask the makers to modify code for you. If you want to modify them by yourself, the workload may be huge.
(3) If you use many open source controls in a project, the application may be very unstable.
3. Buy a commercial web reporting tool
In fact, this is the best choice, and RAQ Report is a wonderful development tool which can solve all the problems easily.
RAQ Report is a professional Web-based reporting tool pays a lot of attention to users' requirement. Therefore, users can solve all the common problems in web report easily with RAQ Report without writing program. Such as radio button for single choice or multiple choices, drop-down list, automation computation, automation sequential number, data validity check, and batch operations, etc.
Moreover, common functions have been encapsulated in RAQ Report, and users can use them without writing programs. Such as export Excel/Word file, printing, page break, image upload, etc.
With RAQ Report
, the only thing users need to do is setting the edit style as drop-down calendar to make a drop down calendar.
This post is from freezea's blog. You are welcomed cc it anywhere, and please indicate the source.
If you would like to read more articles about reporting tool, you are also welcome to refer to my blog