Discussions

General J2EE: Looking for a component based workflow tool

1. I haven't been keeping up with the breadth of Java technology out there, but I feel like there must be something that does what i'm looking for. I'm working on a server based app with Web and Web Service interfaces that also has a proprietary message based pipe to our hardware products. I want to center it around a workflow engine that uses a set of components we will develop to assemble the workflow for each message entering the application. Components would do things such as open and close transactions, write records to the database, or send messages to our appliances. I've looked at some technology such as jBPM and Drools, and it seems like it could be the solution I'm looking for, but it also seems like it's meant more for inter-personal process management rather than intra-server management. Is there a better direction I should be looking in? Thanks, Mike
  2. jbpm seems to be the right choice.. it doesn't matter how complex your problem..
  3. Yes[ Go to top ]

I have to agree, you can do it. - Lauren how to french kiss
  4. jbpm seems to be the right choice.. it doesn't matter how complex your problem..

I agree.

wine racks for sale

5. I agree with you.

nose hair clipper
  6. I'd love to know as well.
    coat tree
  7. longboard skateboards
  8. BMX Bikes for sale

9. beanie hat