JBoss Messaging 2.0 beta released

Discussions

News: JBoss Messaging 2.0 beta released

1. JBoss Messaging 2.0 beta released (8 messages)

The JBoss Messaging team are pleased to announce the release of JBoss Messaging 2.0 beta. JBoss Messaging 2.0 brings astonishing performance and a huge feature set, with an all-new architecture. With a focus on usability we've provided an extensive, easy-to-understand user-manual and quick-start guide and we ship with over 60 ready-to-run examples out of the box, demonstrating everything from simple JMS usage to complex clusters of servers and more exotic functionality Here are just a few of the highlights: * Elegant POJO based design with minimal third party dependencies: Run JBoss Messaging 2.0 as a stand-alone messaging broker, run it in integrated in your favourite JEE application server, or run it embedded inside your own application. * Superb performance. Our unique ultra-high performance journal provides never seen before persistent messaging performance. Automatically switching into native mode when running on Linux it uses asynchronous IO to provide persistent messaging rates that can saturate the write throughput of a disk. * Our NIO transport using Netty provides great performance and scalability. * Huge feature set - all the features you'd expect in any serious messaging system, and others you won't find anywhere else. * Massively flexible clustering * Seamless high availability. * Huge message support. * Extensive management API. * I could go on... Come and hear me speak about JBoss Messaging at the Red Hat summit / JBoss World 2009 in Chicago. Here are some links: Quick start guide: User manual: Download here
  2. Links don't work[ Go to top ]

The link for User manual does not work. The architecture doc reference is: Architecture Guide
  3. The documentation is impressive and the features listed are very attractive and compelling. Most of the high-end features like clustering and bridging are available only with the commercial vendors, so far. If JBM2.0 turns out to be a reliable and robust product, it will give the commercial vendors (IBM and Tibco) a run for their money. With the track record JBoss has, in the Java App server landscape, I am very hopeful. Any plans on supporting AMQP? What about Redhat Messaging? Why are there 2 products in the same messaging space? I know RHM is purely AMQP based, but would like to know Redhat's strategy here? Congratulations!! Murali Kosaraju http://mkosaraju.wordpress.com
  4. Any plans on supporting AMQP? What about Redhat Messaging? Why are there 2 products in the same messaging space? I know RHM is purely AMQP based, but would like to know Redhat's strategy here?
    Hi Murali, We plan to implement AMQP IN JBM 2.0, hopefully before the end of the year, along with STOMP and a RESTful interface too, so we have a wide range of messaging interoperability options. Regarding Red Hat's strategy here: Red Hat invest in two brokers - one a C++ broker which is derived from the Apache Qpid project, and the other a Java broker, which is JBoss Messaging. It's up to you if you want to use the Java broker or the C++ broker depending on your particular requirements.
  5. Re: JBoss Messaging 2.0 beta released[ Go to top ]

GemFire Enterprise provides some very interesting messaging capabilities for application architects looking to build high performance stateful messaging systems. The GemFire offering is not a drop-in replacement for a typical JMS broker, but given its in-memory, reliable pub-sub capabilities, offers an alternative that is certainly worth considering, especially if you are developing cross platform, cross-language applications. You can read a developer note about GemFire's messaging capabilities at the GemFire community portal I looked through the documentation of JBOss Messaging 2.0 and it looks quite impressive. The examples in particular are very well done Cheers Sudhir Menon GemFire: The Enterprise Data Fabric
  6. JBoss messaging over the internet[ Go to top ]

I had trouble getting JBoss Messaging 1.x configured to actually send messages over the internet from point to point (maybe it was a user error) and I hope that 2.x will be easier to set this up. Feel free to point me to any documents that may assist me in my endeavor, as I am pretty excited about how the other features of this product work.
  7. Re: JBoss messaging over the internet[ Go to top ]

I had trouble getting JBoss Messaging 1.x configured to actually send messages over the internet from point to point (maybe it was a user error) and I hope that 2.x will be easier to set this up.

Feel free to point me to any documents that may assist me in my endeavor, as I am pretty excited about how the other features of this product work.
    Hi Eric, JBoss Messaging 2.x is a very different beast to JBoss Messaging 1.x; JBM 2.0 is probably about 95% different code base to JBM 1.x. We hope we've addressed any config or setup issues you had with 1.x in this new release. One of our big focuses on this release is usability - we've put a lot of effort into making it as easy as possible to run and use, with lots of examples that run out of the box, minimising jar dependencies etc. I suggest the user guide or quick start guide (see links in the original post) as a good place to start.
  8. Congrats on this release[ Go to top ]

We are currently using IBM MQ for messaging. On the dev server we will make a branch using JBM 2.0. Hopefully with clustering we can get the same performance as other commercial projects. Congrats once again on this effort. Regards, Sri VUlab.com
  9. Re: JBoss Messaging 2.0 beta released[ Go to top ]

Excellent news! I'm really looking forward to trying this out to see if it can save us from the headaches of ActiveMQ/Fuse memory leaks and failures with sustained high load.