RESTEasy 1.1 Released

Discussions

News: RESTEasy 1.1 Released

1. RESTEasy 1.1 Released (13 messages)

I'm pleased to announce the release of RESTEasy 1.1.GA. RESTEasy is JBoss's implementation of the JAX-RS specification. It is used to write RESTful web services and clients in Java. This was a huge functionality and bug fix release for us. Special thanks goes out to Solomon Duskis, Attila Kiraly, and Michael Brackx. Included in this release is: * New interceptor model * GZIP encoding support * Guice 1.0 support. Thanks Mike! * XOP and multipart/related support. Thanks Attila! * Internal dispatching and forwarding support. Thanks Solomon. * Jackson JSON provider support. * Asynchronous Job Service * Client and Server side caching capabilities * Decorator framework for JAXB * XMl header and stylesheet support for JAXB * Greatly improved multipart support thanks to Attila. For more information follow the links at RESTEasy's Project Page.

Threaded Messages (13)

2. Hello, i was searching for news about Reslet when i discovered this wonderfull API. It seems to be very usefull, mainly with the annotations configs. I'll test this one and after I send my feedback. Best regards, Dalton Camargo www.javafree.org
  3. google app engine friendly?[ Go to top ]

Looks really simple and powerful. I like that you included client-side. Quick question: are there any plans to make this gae/j friendly? -Adrian jclouds
  4. Re: google app engine friendly?[ Go to top ]

Looks really simple and powerful. I like that you included client-side. Quick question: are there any plans to make this gae/j friendly?

-Adrian
    jclouds
    No plans at the moment. Interested in helping? -- Bill Burke JBoss, a division of Red Hat http://bill.burkecentral.com
  5. Re: google app engine friendly?[ Go to top ]

Bill, I did add some GAE/J friendliness. You should be able to use the server-side parts of RESTEasy in GAE/J as long as you stay away from JAXB; GAE/J doesn't support JAXB. The client side works, as long as you use the URLConnection version of the client rather than the HttpClient version of the client... again a GAE/J limitation
  6. helping.. sure![ Go to top ]

I'd love to help, as it doesn't make sense for jclouds to have so much http code. There's considerable overlap between jclouds-core and RestEasy's client. I'd love to collaborate with you so that there isn't any. jclouds would prefer to focus on cloud not http :) Thanks, -Adrian adrian at jclouds dot org http://code.google.com/p/jclouds
  7. Re: RESTEasy 1.1 Released[ Go to top ]

I wrote a bit more about another feature of RESTEasy 1.1 GA - automated conversion between objects and URIs a.k.a. Declarative Hyperlinking.
  8. Re: RESTEasy 1.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Congrats, I used RESTEasy on a project to expose existing domain services as a RESTFul API and it was a great framework.
  9. Re: RESTEasy 1.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Congratulations! I use RESTEasy as a web framework and I like its simplicity. The only thing I expected to have out of the box but had to write myself is a MessageBodyWriter that forwards to my JSPs.
  10. Re: RESTEasy 1.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Congratulations! I use RESTEasy as a web framework and I like its simplicity. The only thing I expected to have out of the box but had to write myself is a MessageBodyWriter that forwards to my JSPs.
    Solomon added an internal forwarding dispatcher, but I believe you can only forward other JAX-RS services. What do you want it to look like? What are you trying to do?
  11. Forward to JSP[ Go to top ]

I use a JAX-RS resource as a controller and model, and a JSP as a view. My resource methods return new Page(this, "myPage.jsp") and there is a MessageBodyWriter that basically performs the following: request.setAttribute("it", page.getModel()); request.getRequestDispatcher(page.getView()).forward(request, response); Everything works for me, but it would be nice to have something similar to Jersey's Viewable. Ideally I'd like to be able to return an implementation of interface Resolution { void execute(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) } Yet another wish: can you implement @Form MultivaluedMap, so it would be possible to use @FormParam and have all parameters at the same time?
  12. Re: Forward to JSP[ Go to top ]

I use a JAX-RS resource as a controller and model, and a JSP as a view.

My resource methods return new Page(this, "myPage.jsp") and there is a MessageBodyWriter that basically performs the following:

request.setAttribute("it", page.getModel());
    request.getRequestDispatcher(page.getView()).forward(request, response);
    I have been reluctant to add support for this because SpringMVC and Seam already have integration with RESTeasy to do the same. Maybe you're saying these frameworks are too "heavy" and you want something lighter? ;-) Seriously though, I guess I don't mind adding some simple stuff.
  13. Re: Forward to JSP[ Go to top ]

I have been reluctant to add support for this because SpringMVC and Seam already have integration with RESTeasy to do the same. Maybe you're saying these frameworks are too "heavy" and you want something lighter? ;-)

Seriously though, I guess I don't mind adding some simple stuff.
    Hi Bill, Excellent work on the RESTEasy project. I'm really glad to see JAX-RS and REST in general getting more attention and good implementations in the Java space. Speaking of the RESTeasy/Seam integration, I evaluated this recently and was unable to inject a Seam instance into a REST resource so we ended up using Jersey and doing JNDI lookups for plain SLSBs in our resource constructors. Not a bad solution but we had to refactor our application and now we have a layer of stateless EJB code below the Seam-enabled EJB layer. It would have been nice to reuse all the Seam classes we wrote unmodified. It looks like the Seam development team has made progress since we last evaluated the state of things. I think the holy grail (for me) of annotation-based dependency injection using @EJB and @In in a JAX-RS resource class is much closer now. I'm looking forward to trying it out again in the future. Keep up the good work! Ian -- Ian Hlavats JSFToolbox for Dreamweaver
  14. Re: Forward to JSP[ Go to top ]

Speaking of the RESTeasy/Seam integration, I evaluated this recently and was unable to inject a Seam instance into a REST resource
    We've had Seam/RESTEasy integration for awhile. Did you use this? If you're having a problem please take it to the seam or resteasy mail lists. We'll help you out.