30 second overview: http://www.philliprhodes.com/content/stitches-30-seconds
Demo here: http://demo.philliprhodes.com/stitches-client
1) Integrated with apache tika so that all text is now extracted/searchable.
2) Cool demo, a google mashup with a stitches backend. The stitches backend stores 43k zipcodes and does the nearby search. The demo communicates with the stitches server via metro.
Please be gentle and understanding with the demo. I can only afford a small 500meg ram server, and it's running 2 tomcats with grails. If you have a "get a server for free" card, hook me up please.
* Create and manage your content
* Add / update /modify your content repository using a local or remote API
* Search your content by keyword, tags, and folder
* Ability to organize content into folders
* Ability to query content filtered by folder
* Ability to query content filtered by content type
* Geo-searching- able to perform "nearby searches" against your content
* Any content can be configured to have images, pdf's and longitude/latitude values, etc.
* Automatic image thumbnail generation
* Automatic synchronization with amazon-s3 of your content
* Extract text for all formats (MS, rtf, pdf, etc) with http://lucene.apache.org/tika/formats.html
* 60+ and counting unit tests
* Leverages Compass, hence ability to configure your index to be part of the "cloud"