Discussions

News: Flux 7.9 Released: CPU load balancing for jobs added

1. Flux is a Java job scheduler, file transfer engine, and workflow engine. It is used by Java developers to embed job scheduling, file transfers, and workflow into their application architectures. Flux 7.9 contains improved capabilities for load balancing of jobs across a cluster, including the capability to balance jobs based on CPU load. Flux 7.9 also contains Work Manager support for creating threads in application servers, along with other new features. Fully functional evaluation copies of Flux are available for download at: http://www.fluxcorp.com/downloads New features in Flux 7.9 include:
    • CPU load balancing in a clustered job scheduler environment. Flux can assign jobs to the scheduler with the lowest CPU usage.
    • A scheduling option that ensures that ready-to-run jobs run strictly in the order in which they were originally added to the cluster.
    • Work Manager support for WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, and GlassFish, which provides improved "hot redeployments" in supported application servers.
    • A variety of other documentation and feature additions and improvements.
    Many Flux customers use Flux for processing financial information using file workflows involving secure FTP file transfers, although many other users employ Flux for entirely different purposes, including standalone use. More information about Flux Corporation and the Flux 7.9 release can be found at the Flux website: http://www.fluxcorp.com and on my blog: http://my.fluxcorp.com/cocoon/blogs/david/flux-7-9-released.html
  2. Dont bother looking at website[ Go to top ]

Well buy $$ when already excellent scheduler is available for free ...quartz ...which i have used for many projects as a embedded code
  3. Re: Dont bother looking at website[ Go to top ]

Well buy $$ when already excellent scheduler is available for free ...quartz ...which i have used for many projects as a embedded code
    This is what we tell people: If Quartz works for you, then great! By all means, use it! James has built a solid scheduler. If you need to do something that Quartz doesn't provide, then Flux may provide that answer. If a developer has a question about a specific need, we're happy to answer it and help guide the developer to the right solution for his or her needs, whether it's Flux, Quartz, or something else. Cheers, David Flux - Java Job Scheduler. File Transfer. Workflow.
  4. Re: Dont bother looking at website[ Go to top ]

This is what we tell people: If Quartz works for you, then great! By all means, use it! James has built a solid scheduler. If you need to do something that Quartz doesn't provide, then Flux may provide that answer.
    if there is something thens lets add that feature in quartz ...lets other perfect it ....thats the beauty of open source...have given a though to open source your scheduling engine or atleast a part of it
  5. All, right.[ Go to top ]

Pagux, Get a grip. The 60' are gone. If you don't see that there is room for both, you must live under a red star spell. Next time you hear about a service or product that costs, ask yourself if someone else rather then you would pay for it. I always put the shine on my shoes, and yet I always see a guy having it done on the airport.
  6. Re: Dont bother looking at website[ Go to top ]

if there is something thens lets add that feature in quartz ...lets other perfect it ....thats the beauty of open source...have given a though to open source your scheduling engine or atleast a part of it
    He probably doesn't want to live in a van down by the river.
  7. Hi Dave, Little offtopic, but went to check out the release on your website and thought it was old news... but appears the date you use in the 'posted by' header is wrong. Every time I refresh the date changes.
  8. went to check out the release on your website and thought it was old news... but appears the date you use in the 'posted by' header is wrong. Every time I refresh the date changes.
    Yikes! You're right; that date on that blog post changes every time. We'll get that fixed. Thanks for the heads-up. Cheers, David
  9. Seems like you have fixed a date problem. reduce wrinkles