Introducing ZK5: Client+Server Fusion

Discussions

News: Introducing ZK5: Client+Server Fusion

1. Introducing ZK5: Client+Server Fusion (7 messages)

Continuing our innovative product line such as ZK Spreadsheet and ZK Mobile, the ZK team is proud to introduce ZK 5, the first Ajax framework to combine the productiveness of server centric architecture with the control of client side programming. press release. With the advent of ZK 5 come some very important changes. LGPL License: ZK 5 is now moving over to the LGPL license offering more freedom and allowing ZK to be integrated with other frameworks that use different licensing models. Client+Server Fusion: With ZK 5’s new architecture, developers can not only leverage the productivity boost of the server-centric architecture, but also the full controllability and instant responsiveness of client-side programming. jQuery: ZK 5 now allows developers to maximize the user experience using enterprise-level ZK widgets and the simplicity of jQuery. Related articles: ZK 5 and Client+Server Fusion. ZK & jQuery demonstration part 1 ZK & jQuery demonstration part 2

Threaded Messages (7)

2. Congratulations[ Go to top ]

I have been using ZK for about 3 years now. It really is an impressive framework. There are tons of components, lots of documentation, and an active community. I am glad that they moved to the LGPL. I think the GPL was inhibiting their growth. Hopefully it works out for them and their user base can grow significantly. I know of no other framework that makes building feature-rich web applications so easy. Congratulations! Mike
  3. Re: Congratulations[ Go to top ]

I have been using ZK for about 3 years now. It really is an impressive framework. There are tons of components, lots of documentation, and an active community.

I am glad that they moved to the LGPL. I think the GPL was inhibiting their growth. Hopefully it works out for them and their user base can grow significantly. I know of no other framework that makes building feature-rich web applications so easy.

Congratulations!

Mike
    I agree 100%. It is an awesome framework. I am amazed though why ZK doesn't get as much attention as other frameworks like GWT, YUI, JSF etc.
  4. Right on!! Way to go ZK with the LGPL. I agree ZK is amazing framework!.
  5. Great news! I think ZK Framework is much more easy to use than JSF, more over it can be integrated with Spring Security and Web Flow! Great framework!!!
  6. Congratulations and Thanks[ Go to top ]

jQuery and LGPL are both excellent moves. Looking forward the integration of GWT -- it is on ZK's roadmap, isn't it? I'd like to say congratulations and thanks. ZK is an amazing framework. We developed the first ZK application about 2 and half year ago. Now almost all our projects count on ZK. No only our customers are impressed how fast we can adjust at the POC stage, but also the performance is awesome at the end.
  7. ZK with GWT[ Go to top ]

Looking forward the integration of GWT -- it is on ZK's roadmap, isn't it?
    To see what ZK-like architecture with GWT-based rendering engine would be, see Vaadin. It switched to GWT-rendering already in year 2007. http://vaadin.com/
  8. Mobile version[ Go to top ]

It's not really clear if also the Mobile edition will be LGPL... I really hope yes since there are so few free frameworks to create nice and portable GUIs on mobile devices. Ciao, Lvc@