Error while insatlling examples of BeaWeLogic

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Error while insatlling examples of BeaWeLogic

1. Error while insatlling examples of BeaWeLogic (2 messages)

While installing Tradebean example of BeaWeblogic I am getting tthe following error.

The command is
    java weblogic.ejbc -compiler javac.exe -d ..\..\temp ..\..\temp\examples\ejb\basic\statefulsession\DD.ser /* -d is Option */

The error is
    D:\weblogic\examples\ejb\..\..\temp\examples\ejb\basic\statefulSession\TraderBeanHomeImpl.java:11: class examples.ejb.basic.statefulSession.TraderBeanHomeImpl m
    ust be declared abstract. It does not define javax.ejb.HomeHandle getHomeHandle(
    ) from interface javax.ejb.EJBHome.

2. I am struggling with the examples too. So far I am up to the Fajuul example.

The version of Weblogic that came on the CD is no longer valid. So I downloaded a trial version from the BEA website. However that version is 1.1 compliant and all the examples are 1.0.

I am a little distressed in learning Java. I've been programming for over 25 years and this is the first time I've run across the term "depracated API".

Heck, I can still run MS DOS program under NT.

But I will keep forging on in Java.

3. I have 4.5.1 installed using CD which came alonj with MJB from EdRoman.

Now I have followed all steps listed in java.sun.com site under Deploying the DemoBean Enterprise JavaBean but to no relief.

Generated Class files, DD.ser file, Made the jar, and now when I am generating Implementaion and Stub file using
    java weblogic.ejbc -d d:\weblogic\temp examples\ejb\basic\statelessSession\TraderBeanDD.ser

I get the same problem which I have listed earlier that my bean should be defined as abstract class since it does not implement getHomeHandle frominterface EJBHome....

Experts please help