Can we run our web application in jboss by our web folder ?

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Can we run our web application in jboss by our web folder ?

1. Hello Hope we can run our web application in Tomcat by our pasting our web folder or war file directly into webapps folder. Can we run our web application in the same manner on JBOSS(like paste our web folder and WAR into server/default/deploy)? i did so .it does not work. How can i run ?
  2. Can we run our web application in the same manner on JBOSS(like paste our web folder and WAR into server/default/deploy)?
    Almost. You need a jboss-web.xml file in your WEB-INF folder in your WAR file. This file is the 'glue' between JBOSS and the web.xml deployment file. The resources you define in the web.xml file must be mapped using this file. An example of the content: / www.my.website.host ids/ServerId website/ServerId jdbc/Live javax.sql.DataSource java:/LiveData This content defines www.my.website.host as the default (/) site for your JBOSS application and also defines a couple of JNDI resources used by the app. You should also have a connector defined in the server.xml file in the jbossweb-tomcat55.sar directory (off the deploy folder): <!-- A HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 --> This connector listens on port 8080, so a URL of www.my.website.host:8080 should access your site. Good luck!