Discussions

News: iBATIS 3 for Java Released (BETA 1)

1. iBATIS 3 for Java Released (BETA 1) (13 messages)

iBATIS 3 is a complete rewrite from the ground up and thus represents the biggest change since the very first version of iBATIS released in 2002. There are a lot of modern features that take advantage of Java 5. iBATIS 3 includes simplified design and some great new tools for helping you build great database driven applications. iBATIS 3 carries forward all of the principles that have made iBATIS popular. There are still no required 3rd party dependencies, it's simpler than ever, and yet far more powerful! More information will come in the next few days to help you get started. Introducing the iBATIS Schema Migration System Along with iBATIS 3, we're happy to introduce the iBATIS Schema Migration System (or iBATIS Migrations for short). This powerful tool was inspired by Rails Migrations and similar tools like dbdeploy to enable good database change management practices, help teams to work concurrently without stepping all over each other and avoid having to centralize database changes. Once you work this way, you'll find it very hard to work any other way again. Developers and DBAs will appreciate it equally. Get it all from the iBATIS page.

Threaded Messages (13)

2. Congratulations
  3. Congratulations. I have found iBATIS the true approach to persistence. The absence of new release made it gradually fade but this new lease returns hope to many including me.
  4. I have found iBATIS the true approach to persistence.
    +1 Congratulations
  5. I have found iBATIS the true approach to persistence.
    I agree 100%. All other more popular solutions are just hype and couldn't compete with elegance and beauty of Ibatis. Congratulations Clinton Begin and Ibatis team, and thanks for making us all believe again on O/R mapping tool beyond the hype.
  6. Unfortunately there seems to be no description what essentially has changed in iBATIS 3.
  7. Unfortunately there seems to be no description what essentially has changed in iBATIS 3.
    This is an excerpt from the iBatis mailing-list citing Mr. Clinton Begin himself:
    ...most of our goals were not new features, but improving the quality and effectiveness of the features that make ibatis what it is.
    Notheless there is a good number of change in iBatis3:
    • One of the more apparent is that there is a new syntax for dynamic SQL inspired from JSTL with new if, choose(when, otherwise), trim(where, set) and foreach statements. Example: SELECT * FROM BLOG WHERE state = 'ACTIVE' AND title like ${title} SELECT * FROM BLOG WHERE state = 'ACTIVE' AND title like ${title} AND title like ${author.name} AND featured = 1
    • Statements can now be specified in code annotation:package org.apache.ibatis.example; public interface BlogMapper { @Select("SELECT * FROM blog WHERE id = #{id}") Blog selectBlog(int id); }
    • You can now develop interceptors to intercept statements execution, parameter handling, resultset handling:// ExamplePlugin.java @Intercepts({@Signature(type=Executor.class, method="update", args={MappedStatement.class,Object.class})}) public class ExamplePlugin implements Interceptor { public Object intercept(Invocation invocation) throws Throwable { return invocation.proceed(); } public Object plugin(Object target) { return Plugin.wrap(target, this); } public void setProperties(Properties properties) { } } // MapperConfig.xml
    • parameterMap is deprecated in favor of inline parameters which now have the form #{name} and ${name}.
    • There is a new syntax to map nested collection result:
    • A new discriminator element allow one to map inheritance:
    (Mutch) More informations can be found in the user guide http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ibatis/trunk/java/ibatis-3/doc/en/iBATIS-3-User-Guide.pdf Hope this help. ZC.
  8. dead link[ Go to top ]

(Mutch) More informations can be found in the user guide http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ibatis/trunk/java/ibatis-3/doc/en/iBATIS-3-User-Guide.pdf
    That link doesn't work atm, and neither do the links to documentation on the iBatis web site.
  9. Re: dead link[ Go to top ]

try http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ibatis/java/ibatis-3/trunk/doc/en/iBATIS-3-User-Guide.pdf
  10. Google AppEngine?[ Go to top ]

hi all and congratulations for the great release with competent feature set i wanna ask , are there any plans to support google app engine as a backend or persisting storage instead of rdbms i know thwt gae store is limited in feature but i think we can haarvest the available ones thanks Joe
  11. We have used a lot of ORM mapping tools over the years. Hibernate is best when you start from scratch with a clean object model, but iBatis and Cayenne are better for mapping legacy databases. Good luck with v3!
  12. Teiid[ Go to top ]

I'm know I'm guilty here of a shameless plug, but check out Teiid. Its pretty incredible for data integration and federation. I'm kinda hoping it merges with Hibernate... -- Bill Burke Red Hat http://bill.burkecentral.com
  13. Congratulations[ Go to top ]

Congratulations good luck to v3
  14. Comparing iBATIS and IBM pureQuery[ Go to top ]

There seems to be many similarities between Apache iBATIS and IBM's recent persistence approach, pureQuery. It would be great if anyone familiar in both domain provide a comparison between these two.