Discussions

XML & Web services: Issue with Axis Webservice Result

1. Issue with Axis Webservice Result (4 messages)

Hi , I am new to webservice. When attempting to get the result of other language content(like brazil, japanese) using Axis Webservice call, I found few part of the result content getting removed. But when trying to access the same using java code directly and get the result in other languages I did not find any issues. Kindly guide me what kind of issue can be with axis.jar and how to troubleshoot further ? Thanks, Gomathy

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Re: Issue with Axis Webservice Result[ Go to top ]

Yes, this depends what type of your system is.I think exposing every services in your system as web services is good idea. But normally for services this should be good. Thanks,
  3. Re: Issue with Axis Webservice Result[ Go to top ]

Check the encoding is UTF-8 or not. Also to troubleshoot you can do tcp tunneling to find what information goes to your server and comes back to our application.
  4. Re: Issue with Axis Webservice Result[ Go to top ]

Thanks for your response. I have checked with encoding it is set to UTF-8. hence no issues with encoding. The package/class for which webservice is created, when communicated directly using java application without webservice call , I did not find any issue with the response. But when the webservice created for this package/class is is invoked, I found in the result content "" is replaced as "". When checked the logs with axis.jar, i found in that itself the response is affected with "href" attritube getting removed in anchor tag. I doubt that it happens during Deserialization in axis. Can you guide me how to further troubleshoot on this issue and identify where exactly the issue occurs?
  5. Re: Issue with Axis Webservice Result[ Go to top ]

In my last reply, the content that is getting removed in response has not come properly in the post. Href from this Result content "(Table 6)" is removed and the response was "(Table 6)"