Discussions

News: NetBeans IDE 6.8 Candidate 2 [Corrected]

1. NetBeans IDE 6.8 Candidate 2 [Corrected] (10 messages)

As readers noted, 6.8.2 is the latest available download of NetBeans. . The original version of this story mistakenly discussed v.6.7.1. Sorry all. NetBeans IDE 6.8 Release Candidate 2 is the first IDE to offer support for the entire Java EE 6 spec with improved support for JSF 2.0/Facelets, Java Persistence 2.0, EJB 3.1 including using EJBs in web applications, RESTful web services, and GlassFish v3. We also recommend it for developing with the latest JavaFX SDK 1.2.1, and for creating PHP web applications with the new PHP 5.3 release or with the Symfony Framework. http://netbeans.org/community/news/show/1448.html Message was edited by J. Vaughan.

Threaded Messages (10)

2. Re: NetBeans IDE 6.7.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Hmm. 6.7.1 was released on July 27, 2009
  3. Re: NetBeans IDE 6.7.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Netbeans 6.7.1 has been release last June!!! At this stage, just make the jump to the release candidate 6.8. In my case I did the jump because of the following features: EJB 3.1 support, EJB project file wizard also supports Singleton session type, RESTful web services (JAX-RS 1.1), GlassFish Metro 2.0 web services (JAX-WS 2.2), JAXB 2.2, Java Persistence JPA 2.0, deployment, debugging and profiling with GlassFish v3 application server.
  4. What!!![ Go to top ]

What exactly is the point of this post?
  5. Problem with TheServerSide.com[ Go to top ]

I think this is a problem with TheServerSide.com. Just a few days ago, an old post about the XINS 2.2 release was suddenly on the front page for a while (a couple of hours?) After I commented on it, the article was removed from the front page and my comment was deleted.
  6. Re: Problem with TheServerSide.com[ Go to top ]

To EDH: XINS 2.2 release was removed because you pointed out it was run in error. Thanks for pointing out mistakes.
  7. This posting is weird, this release was awhile ago. Now, I've read a blog on PrimeFaces, an open source JSF implementation that just release support for JSF 2.0! The PrimeFaces team posted to the TheServerSide, but did not post. Like to ask the editor, why was the PrimeFances announcement ignored?
  8. Re: NetBeans IDE 6.7.1 Released[ Go to top ]

Operator error...story was intended to refer to NetBeans 6.8 Release Candidate 2.
  9. Re: NetBeans IDE 6.7.1 Released[ Go to top ]

The PrimeFaces team posted to the TheServerSide, but did not post.

Like to ask the editor, why was the PrimeFances announcement ignored?
    And Weld, an implementation of JSR-299, was never announced on TSS.
  10. I also posted a rather important article on the new release of JSF2, in which I pasted and painstakingly formatted the entire contents of my blog entry onto this site, not trying to skim users away or anything, but no post. I'd like to announce http://ocpsoft.com/scrumshark , too, but I'm wondering if I should take the time to post it. You guys have run a great site, keep it up, but don't let us down!!! :)
  11. I wonder what is happening to this site[ Go to top ]

This is strange indeed. What is the point of making this old announcement? Looks like the soul of this website has died indeed and all that is left is a shell. I used to frequent this site a lot and would find interesting posts to read, but looks like updates are rare and now they have to recycle outdated news!! Is there anybody in charge in the house?