Discussions

News: HornetQ 2.0.0.GA is released

1. HornetQ 2.0.0.GA is released (3 messages)

Red Hat Middleware (JBoss) announced the release of HornetQ 2.0 GA. HornetQ is an open source community project to build a multi-protocol, embeddable, ultra high performance, clustered, asynchronous messaging system. HornetQ can be used to provide messaging functionality from the smallest of applications to empowering the largest of enterprise messaging topologies. Writing a full-blown, enterprise messaging system is a huge undertaking and it's been a long and windy road to get where we are today. It's taken over 2 years of development and many late nights and weekends to get to this point, but we hope you like what you see. HornetQ is currently an unsupported community project, but, in the not-too-distant future will be available fully supported by Red Hat as part of a JBoss Enterprise Application Platform subscription. Even sooner than that HornetQ will be available in JBoss Enterprise Application Platform as a technical preview with limited support. It is written in Java and features flexible clustering. Please see the wiki for a complete list of HornetQ features. Here are some more links: Project web site Project blog Wiki Download Documentation Twitter Get your cool HornetQ swag here (T-shirts, mugs etc) Message was edited by: staff

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Re: HornetQ 2.0.0.GA is released[ Go to top ]

Congratulations to HornetQ team! Having been a happy user of JBoss messaging for about 2 years and I am sure this is another stable release! Well done!
  3. Re: HornetQ 2.0.0.GA is released[ Go to top ]

Is this HornetQ very easy to use or do I need a HornetQ in Action book? I think it depends on my intelligence. Does anybody know when I can expect a HornetQ book?
  4. Re: HornetQ 2.0.0.GA is released[ Go to top ]

have you looked at the docs? http://hornetq.sourceforge.net/docs/hornetq-2.0.0.GA/user-manual/en/html/index.html It's written like a book, being User-centric instead of configuration-centric. The examples are also very easy to understand.