Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Communicating between Weblogic and Websphere

1. Does anyone know if there are any inherent limitations when communicating between Weblogin and Websphere?

I am attempting to access a Websphere bean from within a Weblogic bean and can't get it to work.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of Weblogic or Websphere?

Thanks,
    Eugene Stephens
  2. When you look up the InitialContext you must remember to use the correct class names for WebSphere. So your WebLogic bean, when looking up it's context on WebSphere, must set up the provider class name to be the WebSphere one (it must be on the classpath.)

Otherwise, it will use the standard WebLogic one which has no hope of talking to WebSphere.

If you don't want to hard code these values then stuff them in the WebLogic JNDI tree as part of the configuration for your WebLogic bean.

If you do that, I _think_ it should work.

Chz

Tony
  3. It's not going to work over RMI/IIOP. See my article about RMI/IIOP on this site for why. Your best bet is a JMS product (not WebLogic JMS, it's based on RMI/IIOP). Try Fiorano, Sonic, SwiftMQ or MQ Series.

If you don't want to use JMS then you could look at SOAP but this is more work than JMS.

Billy
  4. Dishearting news.

Thanks all for the replys.