Identify and Manage transactions within multiple JVMs

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Identify and Manage transactions within multiple JVMs

1. I have scenario where a transaction flows from a source JVM to multiple JVMs. I want to track the transaction uniquely and be able to track it in the target JVM. Sample: Front End App ---> Middleware ---> Biller API ---> Database or more backend systems. A transaction is initiated from the front-end ( e.g. Add Payment ). I want to assign it a unique value which can be identified/tracked at each systems the transaction flows through. ( Assuming that we only want to do this for Java applications only) One of the solution that I have to thought is to track the transaction at the JVM ( But I have no clue how to do it. Although there are apps in the market which have been able to do this. [ Like: Quest's Performasure, Progressive's Actional and HP's Transaction Vision ]. Let me know if you have any doubts or question on the matter.
  2. Monitoring Transactions End to End[ Go to top ]

Hello I work for a company called Correlsense where we see a lot of people who are facing the same issues you are.Our product SharePath works on a variety of applications.  What is great about our product is that it can be setup in just minutesand you will start to see results instantly.  If you want to learn more about our product please visit our site http://www.correlsense.com.