- A step-by-step, example-oriented tutorial with lots of screenshots to guide the reader seamlessly through the book
- Generate enterprise-level reports using iReport 3.7
- Give your reports a professional look with built in templates
- Create master/detail reports easily with the sub-report feature
- Produce summary data and present them in a dynamic crosstab report
What you will learn from this book
- Using iReport for creating reports
- Using special kinds of data operations to generate more powerful reports
- Combining data to produce master/detail reports
- Adding images and controlling the layout and formatting of your report
- Using report variables to store data during the execution of the report
- Representing business data in the form of pie charts, bar charts and so on
- Calling iReport from a Java desktop or web application
- Creating reports from the NetBeans IDE
- Creating JDBC connections from iReport to connect to different data sources.
Discount offer for the iReport Community
As a member of JasperReports community you can enjoy a 15% discount for the hard copy and 20% discount for the eBook copy. You just enter the discount code when you buy through PacktPub.com. The code to use is: iReportBook15 (case sensitive) for the Hardcopy and iReportEbook20 (case sensitive) for the eBook copy.
Packt Open Source Project Royalties
When Packt sells a book written on an open source project, Packt pays a royalty directly to that project. Therefore by purchasing the book iReport 3.7, Packt will give some of the money received to the iReport project.
Download Sample Chapters
You can download a sample chapter from www.packtpub.com/files/8808-iReport-3-7-sample-chapter-report-layout-and-formatting.pdf
For the book details please visit iReport 3.7 at PACKT Publishing Book Store.
About me, the Author
I am Shamsuddin Ahammad, Senior Lecturer and the Course Coordinator at Daffodil Institute of IT (DIIT), Bangladesh. I have been teaching Java, Programming Methods, and Database Systems at DIIT since 2002. I have experience in supervising hundreds of academic projects. I have a Masters degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) from Daffodil International University, Dhaka. I obtained the BSc(Hons) degree in Computing & Information Systems (CIS) of NCC Education Ltd, UK and London Metropolitan University joint programme from Daffodil Institute of IT. I am an Additional Reviewer of Conference on Quality Engineering in Software Technology (CONQUEST) organized by International Software Quality Institute (iSQI) in Germany. I have been maintaining several blogs on Java technologies for years.