The good people at dynaTrace have been pumping out an amazing amount of content over the past few weeks, including a very interesting discussion of the efficiency of the Master's website, and how well it was positioned to handle the inevitable onslaught of viewers once Tiger Woods stepped up to the first tee.

Still, the one blog I keep seeing tweets about is Alois Reitbauer's discussion on Applying Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs Pyramid to Application Performance.

Sure, when I was in university and hung around with all of those philosopher kings, we got all 'Deepak Chopra' and threw around terms like 'self-actualization', 'esteem' and 'belonging.' But I can't remember the last project that I was on where the tight budgets and missed timelines allowed us to discuss our pursuit of personal enlightenment.

Anyways, this is a great article, and it's a quick read. I'd say it's a perfect way to kill some time while you're watching the clock on a Friday afternoon.

Applying Maslow's Hierarchy to Application Development

-------

Andreas Grabner's In Depth Analysis of the Masters Golf WebSite
Andreas Grabner's Advanced Timing and Argument Capturing with dynaTrace AJAX Edition
Alois Reitbauer's Optimizing Data Intensive Web Pages by Example
Download the dynaTrace Add-On for Microsoft released Visual Studio 2010

-------

Peak: How Great Companies Get Their Mojo from Maslow  ~ Chip Conley
The Farther Reaches of Human Nature   ~ Abraham H. Maslow
Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul  ~ Deepak Chopra
The Book of Secrets: Unlocking the Hidden Dimensions of Your Life ~ Deepak Chopra