Artifactory 2.2.3 has been released

Discussions

News: Artifactory 2.2.3 has been released

1. Artifactory 2.2.3 has been released (3 messages)

This is a maintenance release for 2.2.2, containing bug fixes and small improvements.

Notable changes in this version are:

• Fixed a problem with trusted server checksums, leading to checksum errors.
    • Fixed a regression with Maven metadata not being merged correctly for virtual repositories.
    • Mime types are now configurable, allowing more file types to be viewed with syntax highlighting (requires index rebuilding).
    • Source of class files can be viewed not only when the sources jar is available but also when sources are contained within the same jar.

Artifactory 2.2.3 is available for immediate download from JFrog's web site or directly from SourceForge. Instructions for upgrading to 2.2.3 from previous versions can be found here.

For a complete list of resolved issues in this version please see our JIRA.

Enjoy,

The Artifactory Team

Threaded Messages (3)

2. Watch Anime Online[ Go to top ]

Is it maybe time to introduce a "report" button (again)?

3. Checksums issues made me mad[ Go to top ]

I was enthusiastically evaluating Artifactory and was happy with it until the server checksums problem bit me. I couldn't do releases with my continuous integration tool Continuum. When it got to the stage of copying the released artifacts to Artifactory, it fails due to checksums issues. I googled but couldn't find any work around than to wait for release 2.2.3. My patience ran out and hence moved to Nexus. To be frank, I love Nexus even better. It's simple and no WebDav. All my artifacts are written nicely on the filesystem where I can also add other artifacts outside the tool. It simply works.

I wish you guys best of luck.

Jan
  4. Checksums issues made me mad[ Go to top ]

The issue you were experiencing is due to a critical maven bug that is oustanding for almost a year now - http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/WAGON-277. The simple workaround was to use the lightweight HTTP wagon - which is the default wagon anyway. Usage of the buggy HTTP wagon will not only upload bad checksums to any repository manager but will also send all files twice, which can be critical for large files.

BTW, Artifactory stores files either on the file system or in a database - your choice, and it uses pure REST/HTTP, not WebDAV.

Good luck.