The Case Study of JBoss Repository Manager
Most of the issues encountered by JBoss developers with their new build infrastructure are discussed openly here. This is an important source of information about the problems encountered with a Hudson, Maven and Sonatype-Nexus integration.
Since we (JFrog) worked on Hudson, Maven, and Repository Manager environment for many years, we provided some feedbacks to JBoss.
The main thing is: We are not promoting or supporting any particular build technology and so when Maven does not fit we are not afraid to say it as it is.
- Mod dav or http(s) deployment URL
- Managing the distributionManagement XML tag in pom.xml
- Using password for Maven deployment
- Timeout and performance issues
- Maven metadata XML issue
- Maven deploy failures
- Creating and verifying checksums