3.5.2-Final is a maintenance release of mainly minor bug fixes. Some fixes in particular were non-minor:
- HHH-5135 could lead to an exception or incorrect results when a query uses a column with the same name as a function.
- HHH-4991 can cause chunks of SQL related to many-to-many associations to be excluded from queries generated by a Criteria which would cause an exception.
- HHH-3096, HHH-4957, and HHH-5063 resulted in exceptions or incorrect results using Criteria Projections.countDistinct() or when using an alias that is the same as the property name)
- HHH-5078 could produce incorrect numeric results when using JPA Criteria to generate expressions that combined addition or subtraction with other arithmetic operators; parentheses were excluded from ( a + b ) / c, resulting in the expression evaluating using default operator precedence.
- HHH-5042 would cause hilo generators to return duplicate keys after having exhausted the current lo-range.
- HHH-5032 prevented locks from being upgraded to LockModeType.OPTIMISTICFORCEINCREMENT using Entity Manager, resulting in versions not being updated on transaction commit.
- HHH-1574 can cause an exception indicating that an immutable natural ID containing a many-to-one association was altered when it was unchanged.
For the the full list of changes, see the release page.