dynaTrace Extends Industry-Leading Continuous APM System to Business Transaction Management
For the first time, Application Performance Management integrated with Business Transaction Management
Boston – May 25, 2010 – dynaTrace software, the technology leader in application performance management (APM), announces the extension of its Continuous APM system to business transaction management (BTM). For the first time, companies are now able to manage every transaction from a business context, while also providing IT with actionable data – all from a single system. Watch a short video of dynaTrace CEO John Van Siclen discussing how dynaTrace has brought APM and BTM together.
Leading analysts see the convergence of APM and BTM as a logical evolution in the market. “Both types of solutions in fact end up competing in the same market, the distinction between them being today a better transaction tracing for BTM and a deeper analysis of the transaction code for APM,” wrote Jean-Pierre Garbani, VP, Principal Analyst, Forrester Research, Inc. in the May 2010 report, Tech Horizons: dynaTrace, When BTM Meets APM. “Eventually, we see both solutions converging into one type of performance management.”
“We have key distributed transactions that are critical to monitor and manage proactively,” said John Landy, CTO of IntraLinks, a leading SaaS provider of information exchange solutions. “In dynaTrace we found a single integrated solution that combined both a business transaction view with deep application visibility into how these transactions, at the code level, behave under load. With dynaTrace we get the business view and the IT view in one easy-to-implement and manage package.” Watch the video case of IntraLinks discussing their success with dynaTrace or read the IntraLinks case study.
The dynaTrace BTM solution combines the company’s next-generation APM system with a new and affordable approach to managing business transactions:
- End-to-end transaction tracing across heterogeneous tiers flowing through an application – with full coverage extended to web and legacy tiers – easily grouped into key business transactions by end-user or transaction type;
- Code-level visibility into every transaction unlocking important business data from deep within the application, as well as technical detail required for rapid issue resolution;
- Proactive BTM in production and across the application lifecycle to enable proactive optimization of key business transactions, and prevent problems from reaching production in the first place;
- Self-adaptive to dynamic environments making dynaTrace easy to configure, deploy and manage even in highly-complex SOA, virtualized and cloud environments;
- In a single system that enhances usability for key business, operations, test and development users reducing time to value and overall cost of ownership.
The result is an unprecedented combination of breadth and depth that delivers on the promise of BTM by making it meaningful for business users and actionable for IT.
“Because dynaTrace is transaction pure at its core, we’ve been able to extend our Continuous Application Performance Management system with business transaction management, an extension that other APM vendors simply cannot do,” said Bernd Greifeneder, CTO of dynaTrace. “At the same time, traditional BTM suppliers lack the application visibility and depth required to rapidly diagnose performance issues and optimize key transactions. Now, with a single system, business users, production operations and application development get what they need to proactively visualize, optimize and manage their most important applications and the key transactions that drive value for their customers.”
This latest release extends dynaTrace’s Continuous APM system to provide an enterprise-class BTM solution with the following enhancements:
- New Legacy-Tier Agents extend dynaTrace’s industry-leading PurePath technology into C/C++, Cobol, and other custom applications;
- New Web Tier Agents extend PurePaths into Apache and IIS web servers;
- Production Deployment Enhancements with self-adaptive system monitoring make dynaTrace easier to deploy and manage in complex production environments;
- Transaction & Topology Visualization brings visibility into distributed, service-oriented applications, revealing interdependencies in even the most complex and dynamic virtualized and cloud environments;
- New Deployment FastPacks for IBM WebSphere MQ and Amazon EC2 Cloud monitoring make dynaTrace even easier to implement, providing faster time-to-value.
Learn more about how dynaTrace extends its award-winning APM technology to BTM.