Discussions

News: jQuery4j – Controlling jQuery from the server-side

1. jQuery4j is a new addition to developers' toolkit, enabling them to control jQuery widgets at the server-side using Java or a markup language. The project core revolves around the wrapping of jQuery widgets to make them fully fledged ZK 5 widgets.
    This benefits developers and users by giving a rich client experience using jQuery’s client-side widget collection while combining the power and productivity of server side development. 

For more information on this ambitious project please cast an eye on the following pages:
    Main project page: http://www.jquery4j.org
    Demo page: http://www.jquery4j.org/demo

Threaded Messages (6)

2. looks like primefaces[ Go to top ]

That looks like what PrimeFaces is about, except Primefaces isn't restricted to primefaces only and is using standard technologies (jsf) instead of another alien implementation ;-)

3. that's primefaces[ Go to top ]

(corrected some glitch in my text)

That looks like what PrimeFaces is about, except Primefaces isn't restricted to -jquery- only and is using standard technologies (jsf) instead of another alien implementation ;-)

4. But seriously[ Go to top ]

why bother? I'm not being flippant but why is this a better choice than GWT? 

5. Can you tell me what crap is this? ZK already has thesse controls why are you reinventing the wheel?I am not sure what you wana achieve?

6. @Alex,

This and GWT are two completely different animals. Basically GWT centers around compiling java to javascript and is a clientside solution, whereas jquery4j is aimed at moving the client's power to the sever while still enabling excellent client-side control using javascript.

This hybrid approach seems to provide the best of both worlds.

@Dhrubo

jQuery4j seems to be aimed at jQuery users so they can be introduced to a hybrid approach in an environment that they are familiar with. Yes I feel a move to ZK could be a possibility, however, it seems to be more of a personal choice and where your interests are. If you are not developing a sophisticated enterprise projects then jQuery4j might just be what you need.

7. Efficient[ Go to top ]

The client side widgets should increase user satisfaction. Not only that, it should also increase efficiency. peach cobbler recipe