DataNucleus AccessPlatform 2.1.0 has been released. AccessPlatform provides access to a range of datastores for Java applications using JDO/JPA API's. It is a fully compliant implementation of JDO1, JDO2, JDO2.1, JDO2.2, JDO3, JPA1, and JPA2. It currently supports persistence to RDBMS, ODBMS (db4o, NeoDatis), Documents (XML, Excel, ODF, OOXML), Web-based (JSON, Amazon S3, GoogleStorage), Map-based (HBase, BigTable, Cassandra, MongoDB) datastores, as well as some others (LDAP). It utilises an OSGI plugin mechanism for ultimate flexibility, and is licensed under the flexible Apache 2 license.
DataNucleus Access Platform 2.1 provides the following over and above what DataNucleus 2.0 provides :
- Support for persistence to OOXML documents
- Support for persistence to GoogleStorage
- Support for persistence of javax.time and some Google Collections types
- Changed to use rewritten JDOQL implementation for RDBMS by default. This makes many more JDOQL statements runnable than were previously possible
- Uses JDO3 "final" jar
- Uses JPA2 "final" jar
- Supports full JPA2 definition of JPQL
- Supports JPA2 static metamodel creation
- Supports JPA2 orphan removal
- Support for embedded PC objects with Excel persistence
- Support for using spatial methods in queries with the new JDOQL implementation for RDBMS
- Support for BoneCP RDBMS connection pooling library
- Many bug fixes, and minor feature additions.
Documentation is available to view online (HTML) or available to download (HTML/PDF).
Limited free support for AccessPlatform is provided by way of our forum. Commercial support and consulting is also provided.
Thanks to NightLabs for their continued hosting, and to SourceForge for source code repositories. Finally, thanks to everyone who has helped in the development of DataNucleus AccessPlatform 2.1 over the last 6 months.