Convert Java desktop applications to web apps with AjaxSwing 3.1

Discussions

News: Convert Java desktop applications to web apps with AjaxSwing 3.1

1. AjaxSwing can be thought of as a Java Swing to HTML converter that creates HTML and JavaScript at runtime. It is unique in that it requires no modifications to existing Swing windows and business logic, and does not require programmers to learn any APIs outside of core Java and Swing. 

What's new in 3.1

• Added support for ajax scrolling in scrollpanes and tables
    • Added drag and drop support
    • Performance improvements
    • Added browser timezone support
    • Added dynamic tooltips
    • Improved tooltip support
    • Fixed problem with updating scroll position when it was changed by application
    • JScrollPane now saves Scroll Position from last submit
    • Various small bug fixes

For more information read AjaxSwing Product Page.

Threaded Messages (7)

2. Link is borked[ Go to top ]

Please fix the link to the product page.

3. Link is borken[ Go to top ]

Looks like the link got stripped by the server side. The correct link is http://ajaxswing.com

4. What about the opposite ?[ Go to top ]

Due to the popularity of GWT, I am more interested into GWT => Swing convertion.

Is there a Swing-based GWT interfaces' implementation out there ?

Thanks.

Dominique

http://www.jroller.com/dmdevito

PS: Well, in the best world, JavaFX would have enable both Swing and HTML generation...

5. What about the opposite ?[ Go to top ]

GWT has a fundamentally different model because it compiles to JavaScript. The only realistic conversion to/from GWT would have to be at the source code level. I am not aware of any fameworks that do that.

The big advantage of AjaxSwing is that the same application can run as a Java desktop application and as an AJAX web site. It is also very advantageous for companies that already have Swing applications that they want to deploy as a true browser based thin client.

6. What about the opposite ?[ Go to top ]

GWT has a fundamentally different model because it compiles to JavaScript. The only realistic conversion to/from GWT would have to be at the source code level. I am not aware of any fameworks that do that.

The big advantage of AjaxSwing is that the same application can run as a Java desktop application and as an AJAX web site. It is also very advantageous for companies that already have Swing applications that they want to deploy as a true browser based thin client.

Yes, I am looking about a Swing-based GWT implementation at source level = implementation of GWT interfaces with Swing classes.

IMHO, it may bring GWT+HTML dev popularity closer to Swing.

It would have been a perfect match with JWebPane release (expected since too much time...).

Dominique

http://www.jroller.com/dmdevito

7. Didn't work very well, some of the panes didsn't display at all, the fonts were squashed together, the ajax version was basically unusable. Tried different settings, skins etc, nothing seemed to work.

Any ideas?

8. You should post a question with screenshots and log file into AjaxSwing forum. We provide pretty good support so I'm quite sure our team will help you get through the hurdles.