Today Terracotta announces the GA release of Ehcache 2.2. Uniquely competitive with Oracle's Coherence, and arguably more inter-operable with Spring applications than Spring's own Gemstone, Terracotta is carving out a unique space for themselves in this segment of the market.
Ehcache 2.2 is available for download immediately and contains the following enhancements:
- Scale and Performance—New storage option for Ehcache that supports terabyte scale, radically decreases memory usage and increases the addressable cache size tenfold.
- Authentication and Authorization—Added Java Authentication and Authorization Service (JAAS) support provides LDAP authentication support for tight integration to corporate user management systems.
- Visibility and Control—Simplified and improved management console with new and updated control panels for Ehcache, Quartz Scheduler and Web Sessions, for application visibility and control; plus a new consolidated view of cluster-wide events to allow operators to identify problem nodes, as well as diagnose errors and performance problems.
- Improved Multi-Data Center Support—Customizable support for cache replication between clusters in disparate geographic areas provides ideal solutions for data availability and disaster recovery across WANs (Wide Area Networks).
- New Common Runtime Library—Reduces memory usage and network connections and provides new common developer constructs; it also exposes an API that programmers can use alongside the Ehcache API to perform complex inter-process coordination tasks across multiple machines with just a few lines of code.
Ehcache 2.2 is available immediately for download at www.terracotta.org.
LATEST EHCACHE BRINGS SNAP-IN TERABYTE SCALE TO MAINSTREAM APPLICATIONS