New HornetQ REST Interface

Discussions

News: New HornetQ REST Interface

1. New HornetQ REST Interface (4 messages)

The HornetQ REST Interface allows you to leverage the reliability and scalability features of HornetQ over a simple REST/HTTP interface. Messages are produced and consumed by sending and receiving simple HTTP messages containing the XML or JSON (really any media type) document you want to exchange.

Other than being buzzword compliant here are some of the reasons you might want to use the HornetQ REST Interface:

• Usable by any programming language that has an HTTP client library.

• Zero client footprint. We want HornetQ to be usable by any client/programming language that has an adequate HTTP client library. You shouldn't have to download, install, and configure a special library to interact with HornetQ.

• No envelope (i.e. SOAP) or feed (i.e. Atom) format requirements. You shouldn't have to learn, use, or, most importantly parse a specific XML document format in order to send and receive messages.

• Lightweight interoperability. Since interactions are RESTful the HTTP uniform interface provides all the interoperability you need to communicate between different languages, platforms, and even messaging implementations that choose to implement the same RESTful interface as HornetQ.

HornetQ REST Features

• Duplicate detection when producing messages
    • Pull and Push consumers
    • Acknowledgement and Auto-acknowledgement protocols
    • Create new queues and topics
    • Mix and match JMS and REST producers and consumers
    • Simple transformations

Follow the links on the HornetQ REST Interface page to download, read doco, view examples, or to browse the source code.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. New HornetQ REST Interface[ Go to top ]

I'm just commenting because, uhm, about nobody reads TSS anymore.

And it's sad, sad, sad with all those "0 comments" articles.

/me deletes TSS from faves

3. New HornetQ REST Interface[ Go to top ]

Yes, it's really sad. Here with this "1 comment" I hoped for some inspiring "REST is dead" or similar discussion (with a little Spring does it better flavour), but there's only wind and tumbleweeds...

4. Question[ Go to top ]

What is the main difference between this and apache cxf, that also provides the client for REst and other protocols.

BTW, I still feel that TSS is very respected in JAVA community.

5. Question[ Go to top ]

What is the main difference between this and apache cxf, that also provides the client for REst and other protocols.

BTW, I still feel that TSS is very respected in JAVA community.

This is a REST interface over HorentQ.  CXF provides a WS-* implementation and a JAX-RS (for REST services) implementation.  This HornetQ REST Interface is actually built on top of RESTEasy, a JAX-RS implementation.