Looking for an simple, straight forward tutorial on how to set up your unit tests, functional tests, and code coverage measurement for a NetBeans Platform application, and you don't want to spend hours slogging through mounds of mailing lists, documents and fragmented tutorials? Well, so did Geertjan. Unfortunately, he couldn't find one, and wrote one himself.
In this tutorial, you are introduced to setting up the "simpletests" infrastructure and to using the NetBeans Platform's unit testing and functional testing frameworks. These are:
- NB Junit. NetBeans Platform extension to the JUnit testing framework.
- Jelly Tools. NetBeans Platform extension to the Jemmy testing framework.
By the end of this tutorial, you should know how to set up the NetBeans Platform testing infrastructure, how to create unit tests, and how to create functional tests.
- Setting Up the Testing Infrastructure
- Unit Testing on the NetBeans Platform
- Functional Testing on the NetBeans Platform
- Code Coverage on the NetBeans Platform