Discussions

Performance and scalability: Unable to do JRA recording using Mission Control from remote box

1. Hi,

We've been experiencing some serious performance degradation in our application lately and I'm trying to configure JR Mission Control (3.1.2) to execute JRA recordings from a remote server (as running Mission Control on the same managed server box chokes the RAM end eventually kills the WLS process). I  was able to configure and test connection successfully but when I try to start JRA recording, I get the following exception: Any help would be greatly appreciated:

Could not open JRA for Create JRA-recording on ukblprdlivptl03.
    javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException: RuntimeException thrown in operation start
    javax.management.RuntimeMBeanException: RuntimeException thrown in operation start
    at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMetaDataImpl.wrapRuntimeException(StandardMetaDataImpl.java:994)
    at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.StandardMetaDataImpl.invoke(StandardMetaDataImpl.java:430)
    at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.MetaDataImpl.invoke(MetaDataImpl.java:220)
    at com.sun.jmx.interceptor.DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.invoke(DefaultMBeanServerInterceptor.java:815)
    at com.sun.jmx.mbeanserver.JmxMBeanServer.invoke(JmxMBeanServer.java:784)
    at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1408)
    at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.access$100(RMIConnectionImpl.java:81)
    at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl$PrivilegedOperation.run(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1245)
    at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.doPrivilegedOperation(RMIConnectionImpl.java:1341)
    at javax.management.remote.rmi.RMIConnectionImpl.invoke(RMIConnectionImpl.java:782)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodA

Karthik

2. Hi,

Does the user running the Java process you are trying to start a JRA recording have permissions to write to the temporary folder the JRA recording is being written to? Is the OS temp folder set up properly? What does your Java process say the "java.io.tmpdir" system property is set to?

Does using JRCMD to do the recording work?