Discussions

News: Looking Towards Java 7: Exploring Project Coin

1. Project Coin includes the following proposals that will make into Java 7.

Binary literals and underscores in literals

Strings in switch

- Simplified Varargs Method Invocation

- Improved Type Inference for Generic Instance Creation (Diamond)

- Improved Exception Handling for Java

- try-with-resources (ARM)

In the following article, Arul Dhesiaseelan takes us through some snippets of code, giving us some insight on what we can expect in Java 7.

Rest of Project Coin explored, advantage Java 7

Threaded Messages (8)

2. would like java to die[ Go to top ]

Since java is in hands of oracle, I would like java to die.

As far as maintenance of Java programming language is concerned, I would like following:

1. more better generic support (Method overriding - allow argument generics to be subclasses)

2. more serialization mechanisms - javabeans xmlencoder/decoder doen't work proper.

3. better byte code viewing libraries inbuilt (should be more better than jboss javassist)

4. make sure jboss products becomes obsolete (they are taking java in wrong direction)

etc...

cheers

Maintenance
  3. Richard?[ Go to top ]

Somehow, I don't think you are Richard Stallman. If you were, you'd still be trying to take credit for writing emacs, and pointing out that Linux should be called GNU/Linux.

Since java is in hands of oracle, I would like java to die.

Java is largely still in the same hands that it has been for a long time. It's just that the team from Sun (with some unfortunate losses) that was responsible for Java is now part of Oracle, and additionally includes teams from Oracle such as jRockit (realtime JVM from Sweden that was originally acquired by BEA) etc. to help move Java forward.

Peace,

Cameron Purdy | Oracle Coherence

http://coherence.oracle.com/

4. Will the real RMS please stand up?[ Go to top ]

Somehow, I don't think you are Richard Stallman.

That'll be easy to find out: Try to login with his username and no password - if it works you can be certain it's him...

5. Elaborate[ Go to top ]

You have to do better than just saying that JBoss is taking Java in the wrong direction. I Little bit of WHY they are taking JBoss in the wrong direction would go a long why. Its like saying a product sucks without saying why.

6. What could be more interesting is to be focused on more "real" problems such as "Constraints" on data = have a real solution for Client & Server side, improved WebServices with something really useable = as easy as EJB3,...

But ok it's probably not in JDK but in JEE we needs all of this.

7. Jboss????[ Go to top ]

Is that really all Jboss's products taking java in the wrong way? i can't see the point or the result where it happen. take example like hibernate or jBPM? 

peace

-Y

8. Java document generation[ Go to top ]

I found a very good site where u can generate  document (java).

You can find it on JAVA DOCUMENT GENERATION

It has basic info on all the vendors. It makes for a great starting point.

9. Java document generation[ Go to top ]

I found a very good site where u can generate document (java).

You can find it on JAVA DOCUMENT GENERATION

It has basic info on all the vendors. It makes for a great starting point.