In a continuation of TheServerSide.com discussion of what's wrong with the Java Virtual Machine, Azul Systems has gone GA with their commercial, elastic runtime product, named Zing. Zing was originally announced on July 22nd of this year, 2010.
The touted benefits for those willing to adopt Azul's Zing?
- Optimized for Virtualization and Cloud Computing
- Superior Responsiveness, Scale, and Throughput
- Improved Application Availability and Infrastructure Efficiency
- Deep Application Visibility in Production
- Simplified Deployments and Manageability
- 100% Compatible with Existing Infrastructure and Applications