Oracle on Exalogic, the company's integrated Java and middleware server appliance

Discussions

News: Oracle on Exalogic, the company's integrated Java and middleware server appliance

1. By: Mark Fontecchio, Editor, SearchOracle.com

Yesterday I spoke to Steve Harris and Adam Messinger, two Oracle executives, before they gave their keynote address at TheServerSide Java Symposium. Harris is the senior VP of application server development, and Messinger is the VP of development for Fusion Middleware.

We covered a range of issues, but one of the topics we talked about was Exalogic, Oracle's integrated server appliance for WebLogic middleware and Java. My question: How does integrating the parts make Exalogic better than a typical appliance server infrastructure (according to Oracle, of course).

We've written quite a bit about Exalogic over at SearchOracle.com. Check out Oracle Exalogic: Is Oracle's cloud-in-a-box really cloud computing? and Oracle Exalogic is the company's "cloud in a box" for more information if you're interested.

This is what Messinger told me: Oracle VP breaks down Exalogic

2. oracle

you are competing very well with IBM....in terms of making bad software.

they are a well known sales company than software company. 

fusion was a big failure and now this.

Let  the real engineers of SUN build something solid and then you sell it. dont sell stuff which is just expensive c rap. infact i would say if you look at Hadoop and other products, your market share of database will also be goign down. Unless ofcourse you buy them all out and make a mess.

3. hmm[ Go to top ]

oracle you are competing very well with IBM....in terms of making bad software.

Weird. Do you mean WebLogic? The database? Coherence? The feedback that I get from people using our software tends to be pretty good. What are you using?

Let  the real engineers of SUN build something solid and then you sell it. dont sell stuff which is just expensive c rap. infact i would say if you look at Hadoop and other products, your market share of database will also be goign down.

Again, weird. The database seems to be doing very well, and the Exadata database appliance is doing amazingly. Also, Hadoop works fine with the Oracle database, so I'm not sure why you think it's competing?

Peace,

Cameron Purdy | Oracle Coherence

http://coherence.oracle.com/

4. Performance is much better...[ Go to top ]

The performance of the combined pieces is much better.  Companies want better performance. They want to consolidate servers into fewer boxes. Exalogic promises to do that. It is an option that must be considered.