The Senior QA Specialist will provide overall leadership, direction as well as both hands-on and automated implementation of testing to ensure a stable, reliable and validated system is implemented that satisfies functional requirements.
The individual will both manage and implement testing activities including devising a software testing plan, and coordinating testing efforts of different stakeholders both inside and outside the company. This position will be required to interface with Product Management, Engineering and Client Services teams to understand bugs and report on product quality. The ideal person is driven, energetic, proactive, and will immerse themselves in our product offerings.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Manage all areas of Software Quality Assurance.
- Work with our Product team and Engineering team to create test plans based on functional requirements.
- Implement a functional regression testing plan.
- Implement a front-end testing plan.
- Implement an automation development and testing plan.
- Implement a performance and stress testing plan.
- As the group grows, lead a group of Quality Assurance Engineers and/or Individual Testers.
Measures of Success: The following key performance indicators shall be used.
- Customer Lifetime Value. The QA engineer has significant, direct impact on this metric. Our goal is to keep our customers for a long time. Product quality is essential in getting customers ramped up on the product.
- Net Promoter Score. Satisfied customers are key to WordStream’s success and we periodically measure their satisfaction using the Net Promoter Score methodology.
- Ability to identify and communicate bugs in a fashion compatible with our agile development approach.
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS or MS, Computer Science or Engineering.
- 2-5 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- At least 2 years of experience leading a small size QA team in a fast paced work environment.
- Expertise with QA software release processes and agile development process.
- Experience using Trac or similar software development systems for bug reporting and tracking.
- Experience with SaaS offerings accessed through a web browser is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of any of the following areas highly desirable: digital marketing, search marketing (specifically pay-per-click and Google AdWords), landing page optimization, conversion rates, internet commerce, software as a service, etc.
Experience with any of the following technologies is a plus:
- Experience with AS3/Flex testing tools and frameworks.
- Familiarity with distributed source code management systems.
- Working knowledge of Python.
- Very detailed and task oriented.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Culture fit is important. We are a two year old, venture backed, 35 person company that wants to dominate our market. We work hard, and we want to be successful and make our clients successful.
- Experience with both back-end and GUI front-end testing.
- Experience developing and implementing automated testing solutions
How To Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter on why you feel you are qualified for this position to productjobs at wordstream dot com.
WordStream is a venture backed technology driven company. We enable small business marketing strategies with our various products including: SEO tools and a keyword tool api. offer a high energy, innovative and casual work environment where individual contributions are valued and rewarded. Our offices are on the 16th floor of a modern high rise in Boston's Back Bay offering amazing views of the city. We are building a world class product and team and are recruiting top talent by offering a great work environment, competitive base salary + commission and benefits.